Thread: We had SUCH a good time at the farm last night!

Hybrid View

We had SUCH a good time at the farm last night!

My husband and I, the kids, and the dogs had SO MUCH FUN! My husband and I mostly watched from afar because we didn't want to spoil anybody's fun, but we really enjoyed seeing everybody so happy.

Last night, my 17-year-old (step) daughter had a big birthday party out at the new farm some of her friends and our 20-year-old (step) daughter and some of her friends. (I'm only 34, just so you know - wouldn't want you to add years to me just because we have older kids).

We did miss Jake.

There were 9 kids ages 17-20 out there, a great big bonfire, lots of fireworks, water balloons, squirt guns, glow sticks, etc. etc. It's amazing what fun older kids can have in the dark with waterballoons and glow sticks.

One of the boys backed his car up near the bonfire and opened the trunk and turned the music up full blast. He played Meatloaf and some other stuff. They were out there until 2:00 am!

Max wanted to be out with the kids and he absolutely would not take "no" for an answer. When it started to get dark we put him in the house but he managed to bust open the screen door getting out! Then we put him back in twice more and he managed to escape when kids opened the door, so finally we just gave up.

He played water balloons with the kids, and ate hamburgers and hotdogs and chips (hey - once a year's OK) and sat around the bonfire. He was just on Cloud 9.

This golden retriever appeared there! Beautiful, gray-faced old boy. We have no clue where he came from. Max chased him around the bonfire, showing him who was boss, until the old guy just ran up to one of the kids and buried his face in his lap. It was hilarious.

Skip, the husky/collie from next door came to the party, too! He and Max are good buddies already.

The chihuahuas got sooooooo much attention. They were on laps until the fireworks started, then they got scared and we brought them inside. They're such spunky little things - they tried to attack the retriever and they meant it!

Anyways - just wanted to share that with you. We're going back out there with Max and the chis to clean up the mess and build a clothes line and put up a mailbox.

Talk to you all soon.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Haha WOW Sounds like you did have a fun time!! Glad the dogs enjoyed it as well Did you always live on a farm? Or did you just move to it?

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Originally posted by MariaM
    Haha WOW Sounds like you did have a fun time!! Glad the dogs enjoyed it as well Did you always live on a farm? Or did you just move to it?
    We're not even moved in yet! I can't believe the freedom it gives us, though. To be able to shoot fireworks and have a bonfire and a bunch of loud kids and dogs was just so awesome.

Do you live on a farm?

Yeah, there's alot of freedom thats for sure!

We live in a small town of around 380 people. We do have a farm though, about 5 minutes away. My dad's a farmer. We don't have any livestock or other animals (except racoons and beavers) I take Major out there sometimes but he gets into WAY too much stuff, he does eat everything he finds! (I mean everything)

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

There's a lot of wildlife at our new place too. That's why I didn't want Max outside after dark. He's mostly black and it's hard to keep track of him then. Plus, skunks are nocturnal.

I just can't get over how much I love this dog. Since we lost Jake I feel even closer to Max - like I have to enjoy every second we have together because he could be snatched from me at any instant.

He's such a good, loyal dog. He likes to check up on us every few minutes. He runs around a lot, but he's always coming back to make sure we're OK. He was so sweet laying beside our chairs at the fire.

I'm glad you had such a good time. Your new place sounds wonderful. I dream of having a place like that one day. Even if I have to be in my 50's before I get it, I'm going to have it. I know how you feel about Max. I feel that way with Duke all the time. I'm glad you feel a little happier. We need to see pics of Max at the new place. It sounds just great.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Your new place sounds like heaven

I'm so glad you all had such a great time. You really needed it.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets