Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scooter- pregnant!

I say, that if you are spending money to save cats that you don't want in the first place it's a pretty good waste of your own resources. All it buys you is another reason to complain and think you are better than other people.
    Not worth to even comment on that!

Kirsten

This has got to be one of the most funniest threads I have read in a very long time. How someone can waste their time on someone who cannot on their own fix the problem their parents made is beyond me. Yelling and carrying on isn't going to do anything. And as far as Finigan goes, Denyce you've just given them exactly what they wanted.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I thought it was pretty funny too, coming from my perspective, but I didn't want people thinking I think the whole thing about spaying/neutereing is funny so I didn't mention it.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I just read this whole thing too...

Passing Judgement is bad, but I do think that the reason why people were "rude" is because they are passionate about what they do. The life of a rescuer is a hard one, and sometimes cirtain topics push hot buttons. I think QueenChyna needs to understand where these people are coming from and respond back in a rational manner. *Which I saw that she did, so thats good*

This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. I've noticed that cirtain persons feel the need to post only in situations where it would afford them the oportunity to flame someone.

is all I have to say.

How someone can waste their time on someone who cannot on their own fix the problem their parents made is beyond me.
    Well, maybe not fixing problems the parents made, but maybe acting more responsible with the own pets as an adult later. But I agree that yelling won't help much (even though I can understand the frustration of those who have yelled)...

Kirsten

Originally posted by MariaM
    I thought it was pretty funny too, coming from my perspective, but I didn't want people thinking I think the whole thing about spaying/neutereing is funny so I didn't mention it.
    Yes homeless pets in the world IS NOT funny. But the thread could have been taken in a new direction. Wouldn't it have been nice if someone had provided links to sites that offer guidence in caring for a pregnant cat? How to socialize the kittens once they are born, how to look out for possible signs of complications during pregnant and labor, how to know when to take the cat into the vet for a c-section of a shot to help speed labor along if the cat is not pushing? This is what I am talking about. Though I've done a LOT of rescue and am currently caring for three ferals recently thrown out of a window on my doorstep I know that yelling at someone about what they are doing wrong isn't going to help. Being polite is almost always going to get your furthur. Being so young you do not have as many choices as she would have, say if she was 20 with her own job, own house etc.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass - I agree, I think QueenChyna really cares about animals and could be helped by education and not yelling. Finigan on the other hand is just here to punch buttons and boy did they punch mine!

From Decker with Love

I agree with you Cass! Education is a lot better at solving problems then ranting. Not that I don't understand WHY people are ranting, I just think it could have been handled a bit better.

Originally posted by Kirsten
    Well, maybe not fixing problems the parents made, but maybe acting more responsible with the own pets as an adult later. But I agree that yelling won't help much (even though I can understand the frustration of those who have yelled)...

Kirsten
    I agree with the later as an adult thing, but what is yelling at her going to do right now? All we can do is politely give links and references, maybe post photos of people cats you have taken in that were neglected etc. to help change her mind. People must learn that not everyone is going to listen, no matter how hard you pound it into their head. All you can do is hope that what you said sticks somewhere in their brain and they decided to act more responsible. But if someone refuses to listen there is really nothing you can do about it, and yelling at them and making them angry, especially someone so young is only going to make things worse.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by jazzcat
    Cass - I agree, I think QueenChyna really cares about animals and could be helped by education and not yelling. Finigan on the other hand is just here to punch buttons and boy did they punch mine!
    Well I've come to learn it's just best to ignore those people, or else you are giving them exactly what they want, attention and LOTS of it.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

All we can do is politely give links and references,
    I agree this is the better way.

Kirsten

I've been reading this thread, and just have to say something now. I totally understand where you all are coming from, and agree with you all too. I'm glad many of you posted what needed to be said in a nicer tone. Posting with harshness and personally abusing others ends up giving the opposite effect of what you really want. Posting so harshly makes YOU the bad one. Educating someone with love and kindness is much better than cussing at them. Its just something I have learned over the years. When people tell me something in a harsh manner, I don't want to have anything to do with them again, much less listen to what they were saying. When someone else comes to me and tells me the EXACT same thing, in a kind and caring way, it has a totally different effect. Not only do I listen to that person, but I appreciate the advice they had to give and begin to respect the person too. Things could have been handled in a better way. There's never a reason to use abusive language towards someone you're trying to educate. It won't work.

I posted earlier and then deleted it because I did not want to look like I was agreeing with Finigin. I, under no circumstances, think it is a good idea to allow pets to reproduce. There are already so many cats/dogs euthanized each year because their "owner" was not responsible for them, which makes me sick.

I do, however, think that there is a better way to get your point across. I know many of you are tired of people being irresponsible and you being stuck with the burden, but that gives you no right to barrage this young woman with insults. People are not going to listen because they'll be on the defensive to explain their "side of it."

Basically, all I'm saying is: QueenChyna, you should speak with your parents about having ALL your pets spayed/neutered. I understand you take care of the ones you have, but there is no need to bring more into this world when there are so many being euthanized in shelters.

Basically, all I'm saying is: QueenChyna, you should speak with your parents about having ALL your pets spayed/neutered. I understand you take care of the ones you have, but there is no need to bring more into this world when there are so many being euthanized in shelters.
    Calliesmom said it best, I guess. I'm done with this thread. It's like beating a dead horse.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Question

For those of you who are being "humane" by saying every animal should be spayed/nuetered to prevent cat reproduction, who are you to decide which animals should get fixed and which ones shouldn't? If we fix every goat in this world (example) then would we be able to have any more goats? No. Whose cats get the luxury (and reproductive organs) of not being fixed? I mean, you have to keep at least one or two little critters around to keep the babies pumping, otherwise you may end up with no kitties. And everybody loves kitties.
    The difference between a cat and a dog is simple: taste.