Thread: Instructions to Adding Music to Videos

Instructions to Adding Music to Videos

Hi y'all! A couple of people have asked how I'm adding the music to my videos, so thought I'd post the instructions. You need Video Editing Software on your PC to do this. A lot of the newer PCs seem to have Windows Movie Maker, so I wrote up the instructions for that software. The principles of it though would be similar for other software packages.

Here ya go:

To capture an audio clip from CD:

1. Need to access Volume Control Program. On my computer, it's under:

Start Menu --> Programs --> Accessories --> Entertainment --> Volume Control

2. From the menu on Volume Control, select Options --> Properties

3. Properties Box should pop up, select Recording, then make sure Mono Mix or Stereo Mix is checked.

4. Click Ok

5. Now a Recording Control Box should pop up. Make sure that either Mono Mix or Stereo Mix are selected, then close that window.

6. Need to access the Sound Recorder. On my computer, it's under:
    Start Menu -->Programs-->Accessories-->Entertainment-->Sound Recorder

7. Start playing the song you want captured from your CD, using whatever CD player software you use normally.

8. When you're getting near the part of the song you want captured, Click the Record Dot from Sound Recorder. If it's recording, you should see blips on that green line in the center of
    the box.

9. Once the song clip you want is completed playing, Click the Stop square from the Sound Recorder

10. From Sound Recorder Menu, select File --> Save As and save the Wav File

To add this sound clip to a video

1. Open up Windows Movie Maker

2. If the Movie Tasks Box in the far Left Corner isn't displayed, Select View --> Tasks from the Menu

3. From the Movie Tasks Box, Select Import Video

4. After you import the video clip, drag and drop it into the Video section in the Storyboard at the bottom of the screen

5. Right Click on the Audio clip in the Audio section, this is the
    Audio from the Video. Select Mute, so that it won't interfere with your music clip

6. From the Movie Tasks Box, Select Import Audio or Music

7. After you import your Audio clip, drag and drop it into the Audio/Music section of the Storyboard

8. You can edit your audio clip and video clip, by selecting the beginning or ending of the clip from the Storyboard, then drag it forward or backward to adjust it.

9. When you hit the "Play" button in the tv screen on the right you can hear and see what your video looks and sounds like and what all you need to adjust.

10. Once you get it the way you want it, From the Movie Tasks Box, Select Save to my Computer

11. Follow the instructions from the Wizard and you'll end up with a .WMV file to post

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

thanks alot! I was wondering about that!

i test it now but it won't work.

do you have to do eny other things to????
    Last edited by Blanquito de la habana; 07-14-2004 at 10:41 AM.

hi Blanquito de la habana!

I need a little more detail with what the issue is. Can you tell me step by step what you did and what the results were, so we can narrow down what's going wrong?

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I have windows on swedish so its a little hard to find the rigth things...

I put on volume control and go to properties does so it's on recording and then I do so the stereo mix is on.

I put on a music and the sound recorder and i push the recording button.

Noting happens.

I know how to and the music to the video