View Poll Results: what kind food does your dog eat?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedigree

4 9.52%
  • Eukanuba

0 0%
  • Science Diet

1 2.38%
  • Iams

5 11.90%
  • Other

33 78.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind food does your dog eat?

What kind food does your dog eat?

what kind food does your dog eat?i just want to see what variety's of food people give their dogs on here.

Nutro here! It's pretty much considered the best stuff out there in terms of kibble. Lamb (or beef) meal being the first ingredient and a lot less of the undigestible fillers.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

My dogs eat Innova, and occasionally raw meaty bones and veggies.

You are going to get a lot of answers of "other" as the foods you listed aren't that great for most dogs.

*Thanks Ashley*

Natural Balance adult formula for Nebo.

My parents feed Reggie and Sydney, it's usually Nutro or ProPlan.

Wellness Fish & Sweet Potato.

Right now they are on Acana Premium Deluxe performance & Acana Premium maintainence. It's wheat free, corn free and has no animal by-products. The dogs love it and their stools have never been firmer. The food is specially designed for working dogs. In the winter I drop the Maintainence formula as they need the higher calories of the Premium Permformance forumla when they are pulling more.

They get raw meat and bones whenever I have them. We just got a few bags of elk meat and bones yesterday. My neighbor is a butcher who only does wild game. We get tonnes of meat scraps and bones from him during the hunting seasons.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul - adult formula. They get weekly eggs as well as some RMB's whenever I have them.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

My two get Natural Blend Holistic Dog Food (Royal Canin). If you (or anyone) are curious about this food there is more info on ingrediants etc. here: http://www.naturalblend.com/benefits.htm
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

I'm curious... What is Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul? Besides an interesting book title. I've never heard of it, and already a couple of you have mentioned it.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

It's an awesome food. They make kibble as well as wet food. Kai (the pickiest eater EVER) still eats his food right away.

Here are the ingredients:
    Chicken, turkey, chicken meal, turkey meal, whole grain brown rice, whole grain white rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, potatoes, cracked pearled barley, millet, duck, salmon, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
    Here's the site if anyone's interested

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

It's so good. It even smells good. When you add water it really smells yummy. My dogs gobble it down, and look so healthy since they started it.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Diamond Lamb and Rice Formula.

My Katie is not much of an eater. As big as she is you would think she would eat more. It took us forever to find a food that she seemed to like. We have tried several that are on your list and some of the ones the other pet talkers have mentioned and she would barely eat. We also give the girls a couple tablespoons of yogurt and they really seem to like this added with their kibble.

We tried the most expensive brands down to the cheapest thing I could find just trying to find something that she would eat. Our vet recommended Diamond, it is what he feeds his Akitas. I have seen his akitas and it seems to work for them

Robin

We tried the chicken soup dog food also. Katie turned her nose up at that one also. If I'm not mistaken Diamond is the company that makes the Chicken Soup food though. I'm telling you that Katie is one strange pup

Robin

Originally posted by RobiLee
    Diamond Lamb and Rice Formula.

My Katie is not much of an eater. As big as she is you would think she would eat more. It took us forever to find a food that she seemed to like. We have tried several that are on your list and some of the ones the other pet talkers have mentioned and she would barely eat. We also give the girls a couple tablespoons of yogurt and they really seem to like this added with their kibble.

We tried the most expensive brands down to the cheapest thing I could find just trying to find something that she would eat. Our vet recommended Diamond, it is what he feeds his Akitas. I have seen his akitas and it seems to work for them

Robin

I have to ditto this my pups are the same way and I have done the same thing and they will only eat this food ... matter of fact I went and bought some at the feed store yesterday
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill