Thread: *URGENT* Chihuahua needs a home

*URGENT* Chihuahua needs a home

As you all have heard before, my mom in law had no choice but to give up her Chihuahua, Speedy. He is here with us. He's 8 years old and has much spunk left. He is housebroken and gets along with other animals. On the downside, he is diabetic and needs shots twice a day.

I brought him here because my mother in law was going to put him down. She didn't want to chance rehoming him with someone that wouldn't take care of his medical needs. I don't have the heart to let this guy be put to sleep, but he cannot stay here either.

Please help me to rehome Speedy. I am leaving tomorrow morning for San Diego, so if there is anyone anywhere in California, I am able to transport him. Thank you.

Last edited by Tonya; 07-11-2004 at 06:24 PM.

Thank you Wolfie!

oh dear... i would take himm.... but i live in new york and I dont think you could get him here... best luuck to you!

Oh Tonya...what a precious little guy. How heartbreaking. I must have missed the thread...why was your MIL unable to keep him? I hope you're able to find this special guy a home. Give Speedy a hug for me, please.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Taxs, my mom in law just relocated out here from Missouri. She says can't keep him because she can't find a rental home that allows pets. I am not happy with her about this one bit, but Speedy's welfare is most important, so I'm trying to save him.

Thank you Wolfie!

I'm sure your MIL feels awful too, and you're an angel to try and help him I've always had "big" dogs, but just love Chi's! I wish I were closer; and that my Cody didn't think every little dog was a squeeky toy! Please keep us updated. His sad face and precious little paws are haunting me. Love and hugs to you Speedy Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Any takers? He does head bumpys like a kitty...and he has a nice butt. He's got two little cowlicks on each butt cheek. lol.

Thank you Wolfie!

He looks adorable Tonya, I hope and pray someone is able to take him in and give him the home he needs with his medical attention and so on.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

BTW, do you think he's overweight by the pictures? Or should I cut him some slack since he's old and diabetic? Or is that just his build cause he's (possibly) a mixed breed?

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh my gosh! He is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!! My heart is breakiing for him.

I'm diabetic myself and have always wanted to adopt diabetic animals and even eventually run a diabetic dog/cat rescue.

I so wish I could take him. In fact, if he was closer, I probably would. Even if I couldn't keep him, I'd be more than willing to foster for as long as it took to find a wonderful home for him. Transportation would be a big problem though

If there's ANY possible way that he could get down here, I'd be more than willing to take care of him though. My parents may even want to adopt a dog in the near future.

Let me know if there's any way I can help. This little guy really pulls at my heartstrings.

Oh yeah, he might be slightly overweight, but not by too much. I'd cut him the slack because of his medical condition.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

You know, Aly, she drove back here from Missouri...there were probably so many homes along that way for him. I probably should have addressed this sooner. I was kind of in denial. I didn't truly believe that she would give her dog up.

He is so heart broken. He's been wandering the house howling and crying all day. He wants his mommy and daddy. It makes me so sad.

I'm wondering if a large deposit will change the landlord's mind. Maybe once I sell my house, I can negotiate something with my MIL's landlord. I'm really trying to patient and understanding with her...I know she truly loves him. It's just hard.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh, Tonya....thank you so much for trying to save this little one. I'm wishing all the best for him

Robin

Last night was so horrible! He wandered my room and cried and cried. Finally, Mike let me put him on the bed, and he fell asleep for about two hours. But at midnight, Mike had to get up to go to work. Once Mike was gone, Speedy was even more devastated. I'm the one that gives Speedy the most TLC, but for some reason, he's more partial to Mike. Maybe he senses that Mike is my MIL's son. He was literally breaking my heart. I have never ever heard or seen such a sad dog.

I have to leave to San Diego until Wednesday. I hope that Speedy does ok with just Mike.

Thank you Wolfie!