Thread: Traveling Bunny

Traveling Bunny

Hi Everyone.....I need some advise. I am taking my bunnies to Mississippi with me and it is a 5 hour car ride. Any traveling suggestions? They have never gone further than the vet and when they go there, they don't like the carrier door to be closed. They don't want to get out, but they just don't want the door closed. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks...Jackie

Hey Jackie!

Miz Sophie (RIP ) used to ride 2-3 (of 4) hrs on my shoulder from college to "home." You've got two shoulders....

Actually, Miz Soph was the only bun I've ever traveled long distance with. Piper hasn't been further than to the vets. He does well in his carrier. What about getting a larger rubbermaid storage thing and leaving the top off of the "box?" Would that work for them?

Hmm... I'll have to think of some more ideas.

(And what's the name of your new bunners? I forgot. )

To make things less stressful I wouldp put a towel in there cage or room a day or so before you go. Also, take the door off the carrier and let it sit in the cage or room where they play a week before you leave. Anytime you want to give them treats put the treat in there. Or, just start giving them a carrot or parsley, or whatever treat you use in there everyday to make it comfortble. Before you put the bunnies in the carrier wip them down with the towel making sure to get there scents on it. You might even want to carry the towel around for awile or use your shirt as the towel. Then it will smell like you, a comforting smell in there carrier and they won't be as stressed.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka