Thread: PLEASE make a Snuggle for a stray . . .

PLEASE make a Snuggle for a stray . . .

I want to let crafty cat lovers know about the Hugs For Homeless Animals Smuggles Project. If you like to knit, crochet, quilt or sew your help is needed in providing relief from the cold steel cages shelter cats call home. Your donation of homemade Snuggles can bring some comfort to these unfortunate displaced creatures. I hadn't knitted in many years, but it came back to me quickly and of course Snuggles don't have to be perfect or beautiful; just thick, cozy and made with love! The website is http://www.h4ha.org/snuggles and offers patterns, suggested sizes for dogs, cats or small animals and an online donation form so the project can keep track of Snuggles donations. You can join their emailing list for a weekly newsletter with new patterns, names/addresses of shelters that have currently requested Snuggles, etc. I recently donated my first Snuggle and it is such a nice, warm feeling to imagine a lonely cat cuddling into it and falling asleep with dreams of a loving home. I hope you can join me in helping to ease the stress these unwanted animals are enduring.

------------------
    Regards ~ AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

What a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, I don't know how to knit or crochet, so I'll just have to keep donating my plain old newspapers.

You can also make newspaper litter boxes for the cats. There easy to make, all you have to do is take a page out of an old newspaper, fold it in half, take a corner and fold a bit of it in. Then fold the bit you folded in in half. Then staple it. Do this to all four sides, And Ta Da...... You have a litter box.

Wow, that was good. Unfortunately, I, also, have no clue how to knit or crochet, but my grandma and mom do so I can ask them! Thanks a bunch!

Hi TigerLover! ~ Glad to hear someone can teach you because once you get the hang of the basic knitting stitch you can make Snuggles!! No need to know fancy stitches; in fact, I can't quite remember how to purl so I just cast on about 60 or 65 stitches and straight knit from there until I think it is big enough (at least 14" square) for a cat . . . so easy and very relaxing since I don't have to keep counting rows and checking to make sure I'm following any specific pattern. Some of the "Snugglers" use double strand yarn to make them thick, but I found some Lion Brand angora-look yarn at Michael's Craft Store that works up nice and fluffy and it is inexpensive; sometimes it goes on sale for 99 cents a skein and it only takes a skein and a half to make one Snuggle. I want to say the needles recommended are a long size 9, but check out the website to be sure and Happy Snuggling!

------------------
    Regards ~ AvaJoy
    =^.".^=