Thread: I got to pat Pippin!

I got to pat Pippin!

You may remember me talking about my brother's three cats before - well, Pippin is the 20-pound polydactyl blonde Maine Coon cat wannabe whom I have never met in person before. The only proof I ever had of his existence were photographs and copious quanti ties of yellow cat hair on their dark green couch. He, who has been a spoiled housecat since the age of 8 or so weeks, is extremely people-shy, for no good reason.

But today, on my sister-in-law's birthday, we girls were getting ready to go to dinner, and Miss Marilyn (age 2 3/4) wanted "diapy" changed over on momma's bed. So we went in there, plunked her on the bed, and out strolled Pippin as we were changing Miss M. He strolled over, as if he'd never been shy, demanded petting, head-butted me, and generally palled around with us for several minutes!

I was stunned!

He is a very solid kitty, and Miss M pointed out to me that he has a very pretty tail, too.

I am now among the ranks of a very elite group of human beings. I petted Pippin! ::

WOW! That is quite an honor when a usually elusive kitty lowers himself to your level and *allows* himself to be petted! I hope you are duly humbled and awed!!

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    WOW! That is quite an honor when a usually elusive kitty lowers himself to your level and *allows* himself to be petted! I hope you are duly humbled and awed!!
    Absolutely both! Awed and proud and chuckling because he acted so nonchalant about it, while I was thinking "Wow!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!!"

I would be thrilled as well! Now ... where are the PICS of this beautiful boy!!!?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I was too stunned, and my camera was downstairs - we were just upstairs for the change of daipy! Sigh. I'll hafta ask his "mum" for pictures.

That will work!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I have a house full of people shy kitties and I would have been as stunned as you if Peanut Butter finally just strolled up and let a visitor pet him! It's shocking when that happens and the wierd thing with cats is that it may never happen again!! What goes on in their heads?

I hope you THANKED that kitty for honoring you so!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thats wonderful! Dontchya feel so speical and chosen?

I've had that happen to me too... JenLuckenbach had a foster kitty that absolutely refused to be petted. I came to visit Jen, and the foster kitty was sitting there. I reached out and she let me pet her! I walked away without having major blood loss - in fact no blood was shed. Jen was absolutely stunned and couldn't wait to tell everyone in the rescue organization that Bailey let somebody pet her!

That makes it woth all the trouble,at TheFound cat Hotel,when a Cat that is shy,suddenly realizes that I am his ,or her friend,and comes over to be petted!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS