Thread: Pet Cloning

Pet Cloning

I'm a producer at KIRO-TV in Seattle, WA, working on a story about pet cloning. There's a company in Texas which is currently collecting and storing tissue for people who hope clone their pets someday. I'm looking for someone locally who has done this, is considering it or has thought about, but decided against it.
    Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 206.728.5067

I wish I could have a clone of my old cat Milo. But then again, he wouldn't be the same cat. He would grow up with different experiences. I live in a different place now and with a different person. In fact, he would be a completely different cat. Except maybe for his supreme jumping ability which I helped to perfect. Again, he still may not be able to jump as high, because I wouldn't encourage that now that I have birds. Also, why clone your pet when there are tons of homeless cats and dogs who need someone to love them?

As much as I love everyone at the rainbow bridge, there are too many more being born everyday that are not wanted for me to want to try to clone one of my dearly beloved, but parted, babies. I would have to give one of the new, unwanted ones a chance, like the parted ones had.

...as you implied Ben:

Same body, different cat

All of my past cats are wonderfully unique little kitties and cloning any of them would denigrate my special memories of them. I would rather let them rest in peace.

Very well said, Troy.

I agree, it just would not be the same. I would find it really creepy having a pet with the same body but with a different personality and feelings. And anyway why do it when there are so many out there who just need someone to love and care for them.

Cloning is a dumb idea for our kitties or dogs. Let's rescue those first that need our homes and our love. We can never bring back or replace beloved pets.

When my cat Chelsea died last summer, my father and I had this discussion.
    Chelsea was a real sweetheart, with a one of a kind personality. I could not imagine a cat that looked like him but wasn't him. I prefer to think that someday we will be reunited, and wait for that day.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    There is a certain order of things...we are born, we live, we die. We are supposed to experience love and loss...it's part of our growing and learning process.
    Each living being is an individual and should be appreciated and respected as such.
    I can't even imagine trying to create another pet with the physical attributes and personality traits of one that has already passed. It would seem...disrespectful.

Spencer,
    I agree, the idea of cloning Sydney gets me All Shook Up!

...sorry! I couldn't resist!

I think cloning animals (or humans!) is a horrible thought, I'm 100% against it!

As much as I love and miss my Katz in Kitty Heaven, I wouldn't feel very comfortable with the thought having her clone around! It would be just scaring and wouldn't also be fair because my Katz was unique!

Kirsten

------------------

www.lunas-little-world.de.vu
    www.cats-in-the-net.de.vu
    www.pet-cemetery.de.vu

I just saw the movie "6 Days"(Arnold S.) A good movie and it is about this very topic. they have a service in the movie called Re-Pet. What about all the other pets being born, they need love too.

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001