Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barli to the vet--poor baby!

Glad Barli is doing well and yep they hate their temps taken. Thank goodness our new vet place only takes temps if it's warrented. Our old vet took at every and any visit regardless.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Whew! I'm glad to know it wasn't anything terrible. Better to be a hyesterical meowmie than one who doesn't care or tend to matters!

Gosh, my boys are bigger! Pouncer's 12 pounds and still has some growing to do, Allen is 20 pounds!

I'm happy to hear that Barli is well
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Wow, I'm so glad that was all it was and nothing more serious.
    Prayers still on the way that his little toe heals completely with no complications.

Good, good boy Barli for being nice at the vets.
    Hope mommy gave you some treats.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Hay, I am glad it was something that simple but don't you feel bad about being worried or upset. I become a basket case over mine everytime!! I am SOoooo glad to find out that I am not the only one like that when a baby is not feeling well or I think something is wrong!! It is nice to know we are ALL that way and there are people who understand and do not think we are being silly!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It was not a wasted trip at all. What if that silly thread got embedded? Also, now you have a vet that you like better than Ms. Know-it-all Funny about the temp! Have you ever seen that TV commercial with the little baby making a horrible face and a voice says "they want to put that thermometer WHERE????" I think it is for children's aspirin or something but it used to always make me laugh and I always think of it when we go to the vet and the cat's give me this awful look of betrayal when they get their temp taken

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh poor Barli boy. I'm glad it was nothing too serious. I'm convinced that PT meowmies are more aware of our pets and extra watchful. IMHO I think it's a good thing. The M's send bumpies.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious than a thread! I still bet it was hurting the poor Barli boy. I'm glad you took him and I'm really glad you like this new vet. You have to have one you trust with your babies and feel ok about asking silly questions.
    It's ok to be a hysterical meowmie because it just proves you're a true PTer!! Thats what we do best!!

Poor Barliman! I'm so glad it was nothing that serious! Barli, you scared your meowmie!! Better not do that again anytime soon!!

TheFound Cats are hoping that thier Pal ,Barlimans Paw,will e better soon,and that he is not stressed out,by thne White Coats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yay for Barliman! I'm glad it was nothing too serious. You nipped that problem in the bud. It could have gotten worse with time.
    Last edited by CatMama78; 07-06-2004 at 11:07 AM.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

I'm so glad to hear Barli is okay and it wasn't anything worse.

Extra scritchies for the sweetheart!!!

From Decker with Love

What a relief Twink!!

Barliman - so glad you're visit to the 'white coats' wasn't a bad experience and you're feeling much better now that nasty thread has been removed from your toesies - bet it was hurting eh? Such a brave boy too - well done xxx

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I somehow missed this when the worries were high ... but I am so thankful and relieved to find it was nothing serious!!!

(((HUGS))) to you both!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I knew you guys would understand. My husband keeps teasing me about Barli’s $40 manicure, but I say it was worth it for peace of mind! And for the kitty diet advice. And anyway, I really do think the nail was hurting him. He was very touchy about it. It was probably about like a bad human hangnail, and we all know how much fun those are!

I was sooo relieved that it was only a thread. It looked just horrible, and for a while there, I was so worried. Just the thought of something being really wrong with one of those sweet little cotton ball paws made me want to bawl.

Barli has recovered from the experience quite well, and the biggest concern in his world right now seems to be that food is no longer available 24/7! Strangely, though, that seems to be bothering Rizzo more than Barliman so far. And Rizz usually doesn’t eat much! Go figure.