Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barli to the vet--poor baby!

Barli to the vet--poor baby!

Hey everyone. The Barli-man needs some little PT prayers...not quite the big serious kind. We were clipping his nails this morning--he hates that--and we found that one of his front nails is split, torn and infected (it looks horrible--oozing green). We're taking him to the vet in a few minutes. I feel terrible. I hope it's not hurting him too much, and I hope he doesn't have to have his little toe removed . . . Ugh. This is the first emergency we've had with either of our boys. And, to add to the stress, we're taking him to a new vet, b/c we don't like or trust the one that Rizzo has been seeing. We've never had to take Barli to the white coats before. He was current on his exams and vaccinations when we got him.

*sighs*

I'll update you guys when we get home. I am NOT worried, I am NOT worried, I am NOT worried .. . .

Prayers are on the way sweet Barliman!! Plenty for Meowmie too, because she IS worried. How could she NOT worry when her baby is going to the vet! RB Ernie had an infected nail and they took a culture and put him on antibiotics and he was good as new. They did do a lancing that hurt though :-( Just to prepare you - though it may not happen! Please let us know when you get home Twink!
    (((((HUGS))))))

I hope they can fix that right up for him.
    One day when clipping Bella's nails, I went for her outside pinky nail, and it was not there. Some bloody residue, she had been caring for it herself, I was going to have it looked at, at her vet visit, but it grew back.
    I found the nail hanging on a kitchen cupboard, kinda creepy.

Make sure there is no infection.

Good Luck.

Oh! Poor Barliman. Prayers for you and Barli on the way. I'm sure it'll be ok....Poor mom - how stressed you must be
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Prayers on the way for little Barli! I sure hope it can be treated with antibiotics.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Poor Barliman!!! That sounds painful indeed! Hope the Whitecoats can help you quickly!!

Positive thoughts are on their way to you!

Kirsten

Oh Poor Barli Boy!! Hope things go OK at the 'white coats' - keeping you in my thoughts sweet boy - treats when you get home eh??

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Barliman, get that toesie well soon and take your meds if Mommie has to give them to you..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Barliman that his little toesie just needs a dose of antibiotics.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh poor Barli!!!! I hope everything goes as stress free for the gorgeous boy as possible. Please let us know what the vet says.

From Decker with Love

Poor Barliboy! Sounds a little like Pouncers bad pawsie. That one healed really fine, so we hope you will be ok soon.

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Poor Barli! Nothing worse than having a bad wheel! Hope he's back up to racing speed soon!

The Tribe5
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Oh our poor Barli!!! That sure sounds like an OUCHIE! I hope it's nothing more than some antibiotics can take care of!
    Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Barli and his mom! Of course your worried and we wouldn't expect any less! Keep us posted cause I'm worried too!

Originally posted by Barbara
    Poor Barliboy! Sounds a little like Pouncers bad pawsie. That one healed really fine, so we hope you will be ok soon.
    Yup! sound just like his pawsie! We had 14 days of Clavamox and all was good with the world. We weren't sure his nail would ever grow back normally and it is!

The vet will likely trim it back as far as possible and wrap it nice and tight (or maybe not if its not broken) you'll have to get some "Yesterday's News" kitty kitter so that the litter won't increase the infection. No problem, unless he's a hard cat to pill!

Good luck at the white coats Barliman!

Well, I am officially a hysterical meowmie.

Barlimonster's paw is fine--whew! Evidently, what I thought was ooze was a fine green thread
    that had wrapped itself around his nail, split it down the middle, and then embedded itself deep
    in the split. The vet said that it wasn't quite down to the nail bed. (I feel silly! But,
    really, it looked AWFUL, and it wasn't growing right, and I think it was sore b/c Barli would NOT
    let me get a really good look at it.) So, she cut it close (and also cut all the rest of his nails
    that I hadn't got around to yet. I think that was worth the visit. ). She wants us to keep an
    eye on it and let her know if there's any redness or if he starts grooming it a lot or anything.
    I still think it's a little red and funny looking, but I trust this vet (unlike the last one.
    What a relief!). It's nice to have the cats set up at a new vet, if nothing else!

She also wants us to put the boys on set feeding times, and told us how to go about doing so. Barli
    weighs 13.75 lbs! Toldya he was pudgy.

Barli would like me to let everyone know that he was a VERY good boy for the doctor. Even when they
    took his temperature!

Sorry to scare everyone! Thanks for your concern and prayers. Barli, Rizzo and I think you're wonderful!