Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have to give my cats away or...

I have to give my cats away or...

give them a bath once a week!
    My niece is a allergic to cats we found out
    and that's the choice the doc gave us...
    give them away or give them a bath weekly!
    So we decided to give them a bath weekly!
    Well last night I decided to do Poppy, my poor baby.
    He was so upset about it and it was so hard to do!
    Anyways I need to know where I can get products for
    baths..well what I really need is one of those bathing cages
    where you put the cat in and you can wash them in there...does
    anyone know where I can get one?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I have never heard of a bathing cage, but I am sure someone on here has. In the meantime I wanted to commend you for deciding to keep your cats, even if it does mean more work for you. Good Luck and keep us posted!

I've heard of those cages, I think you can get them at Petsmart. Have you tried kitty bathwipes? I use them on my cats because of my allergies and they seem to work pretty well and it's much easier then having to bathe a cat.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

PetSmart carries waterless shampoos and wipes. They are located in their cat grooming section.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm not sure about the cages, but I do know that if you continue giving him baths, he should get used to it. Just try and be very supportive and loving while you're doing it. I've known people that almost lost their arms giving their cats baths, but over time they got used to it and now just tolerate it.

Good luck!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

BATHING CATS....

MY KITTENS GREW UP GETTING SHOWERS W/ ME. YOU KNOW DISH SOAP HELPS & KILLS FLEAS. THE ONES I GOT OLDER HAD THEIR BATHS IN THE KITCHEN SINK. PUT IN A THICK CLOTH THEY CAN CLAW...AS OPPOSED TO YOU! THEN JUST HOLD THEM BY THE SCRUFF OF THE NECK, BEING CAREFUL OF THE EYES & EARS. THEY'LL LOOK FUNNY! I HAND DRY, I THINK DRYERS JUST CAUSE MORE TRAUMA. GIVE THEM KITTY TREATS RELATED TO THE ACTUAL BATHING...TRUST ME, SOON, THEY'LL DO IT NICLEY!
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

So glad you chose bathing over giving away!!!
    I agree with MCM .... bathing can be done in the sink ... it just takes time! There are alot of products on the market as well. GOOD LUCK, and thanks for making the effort!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

thanks!

I'm thinking about getting this but I don't know it seems kind of mean....http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=3109
    hmm I dunno....
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

You can also use wipes specifically for cats with allergic people. My ex boyfriend is allergic to cats and we had Lock with us. He kept Lock with him. He takes medicine when his allergies flare up, and, also uses his inhaler sometimes. Also, you can buy this stuff from the vet (i think it's called ace and water or something) that helps to change the ph of their saliva (which is what most people are actually allergic to). changing their diet sometimes helps too. we only fed lock raw beef or chicken and sardines and it has helped immensely with chris's allergies, because the chemicals and preservatives in the cat food changes the ph of the saliva as well and can aggrevate the allergies. but, most people want to feed cat food, which is fine. There are a lot of things you can do to help with the allergies. and, time does make a difference. chris is far less allergic to lock now than he was at first. brushing a lot and using a vacuum with a hepa filter helps, too. glad you're keeping your kitties!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I don't have any advice - but I can't wait to see some cat bath pictures!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

I don't have any advice just a note of PRAISE for you!!! Way to go!!! Keeping those cats will only make your heart bigger and you a better person. I, also, am looking forward to some katbath pics!!!!

I ahve seen Cat Sacks ,where you can put the Cat in,then the Water,and soap, but I think that most Cats would get pretty used, to waht the cage,or sack is , and RUN FOR the HILLS!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catmandu
    I ahve seen Cat Sacks ,where you can put the Cat in,then the Water,and soap, but I think that most Cats would get pretty used, to waht the cage,or sack is , and RUN FOR the HILLS!
    Kind of like Shake and Bake??? SHAKE AND BATHE!!! heheheheheh ROFLOL!!!!!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Don't worry I'll get a disposable camera and take some pics so I can get a cd when I go to 1 hour photo!!
    I'm prolly going to go to petmarts to look for cat shampoo and possably a bag of some sort!!

The bathing wipes work really, really well for controlling allergins.

Is your niece able to take any allergy medications??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...