Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am going to the emergency room

I am going to the emergency room

I can't even swallow without it hurting and I can barely open my mouth. I am starting to wonder if I have lock jaw and not just TMJ problems going on. It hurts so bad. I don't even want to eat or even talk. This really hurts. What's weird is that it's only the left side. The right side is perfectly fine and I am having no problems with it at all. I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there for days asleep. The only pain meds they are going to be able to give me is morphine, as I cannot take anything else, and that sucks because not even morphine does anything for my pain. I am basically immune to pain meds and all they do is make me very sick to my stomach. I am scared about having to possibly have surgery. It's the same concept of fixing a dog with hip dysplasia, except that it would be my jaw. I am scared of going under a knife, and I don't want a huge scar on my face. This would be my second major surgery. I also found a way to get my endo surgery too, but I don't know when that will be. I would want to have them at least a month apart. I don't want to miss any work but do I have a choice? This really sucks. I am going into the emergency room later on today after Dylan and I take a nap as I know I am going to be there for hours and I don't want to take a cranky toddler with me. If they have to take x-rays or anything I will tell Dan to come home early so he can watch Dylan. I just can't take this pain anymore. I mean I can't even swallow and eat so I have to go in and be seen. I don't even want to talk.

That is what I posted in my journal. I didn't feel like typing a long thing again explaining why I am going. Please wish me luck and please pray for me because I am really in a lot of pain and am very scared. I was in bed this morning just crying because I was afraid to move my face. Then I couldn't cry because that just made it worse!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh, Cass, I hope you will get some relief. Please let us know how you are when you can. You will be in my prayers.

Logan

I won't be going for about three more hours or so. I need to try to find a ride since Dan is at work and I'd really rather not have him take the day off, no matter how much pain I am in, and there are only a handful (even less) people that I trust to take Dylan and I in a car.

Thanks for the prayer Logan, I need it. I have a question though. Can I get tetanus from Freckles biting on me and breaking the skin? If so I would be worried about Dylan too, since today she just broke his skin by scratching him with her teeth and he was bleeding but I cleaned it out. I believe he has had a tetanus shot though, as it's one of their required ones but I will have to check. Is it possible that I can harbor tetanus from when I got bit by Ewok a few months back? I got a tetanus in 98 I think it was, so shouldn't I be fine? I have had problems with my jaw for as long as I can remember. Not being able to yawn, having problems opening my mouth and my jaw clicking and feeling like my ears popped etc. I am not too familiar with TMJ, but I remember my dentist telling me that it either stays the same or it gets worse. Has anyone here ever had the TMJ surgery? I really think I am going to need it. Isn't it odd though that the pain is only on one side?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Let us know how it goes, you'll be in our prayers.

Cass, I will keep you in my prayers that the pain can be relieved for you and no surgery is needed. I can understand how frightened you must be and my heart goes out to you.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Cass-

Hope you feel better really soon! (I wouldn't worry about lockjaw... you've had your tetnus booster, right )

Having just be, in the Hospital, I know what a pain, that is,but I feel better now, and we are praying that you are feeling well,soon!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cass, I am not 100% certain, but I think Dylan is protected if he has had his required vaccinations. Tetanus is one of those mandatory ones and it lasts for a long time. You may be required to have a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the last 10 years or so. I remember having to have one when our cat, Tigger, climbed me and scratched my face, horribly, many years ago.

Don't panic. Sometimes jaw problems are related to something simple. I just hope you get some answers. If you could go to a doctor, rather than the emergency room, I think that would be better, so you could make repeat visits, if necessary. In fact, I would start with a dentist, rather than a medical doctor.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Logan

Cass, I hope you get to feeling better. Keep us updated and let us know what the doctor says.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    Cass, I am not 100% certain, but I think Dylan is protected if he has had his required vaccinations. Tetanus is one of those mandatory ones and it lasts for a long time. You may be required to have a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the last 10 years or so. I remember having to have one when our cat, Tigger, climbed me and scratched my face, horribly, many years ago.

Don't panic. Sometimes jaw problems are related to something simple. I just hope you get some answers. If you could go to a doctor, rather than the emergency room, I think that would be better, so you could make repeat visits, if necessary. In fact, I would start with a dentist, rather than a medical doctor.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Logan
    Well I don't have insurance and the only way to get help is go to the emergency. I just tried to open my mouth and I couldn't even open it!!!!!!! I doubt this is something simple. It's been going on for many years and now I can't even oopen my mouth to eat! I cannot go to the dentist as I don't have money laying around to spend and don't get paid again til the 9th. It's way too expensive. I will only go if I need to, but with no mouth not even being able to open now I am really worried and I NEED to pain medicine, so I have to go to the ER. I am going to get off now and tell Dan to come home from work.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I hope they can help you feel better. Let us know how you are...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sorry that you are so miserable Cass. Hope they can help you out at ER!!

I hope t is nothing serious {{Prayers heading your way}}

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

Sorry to hear about everything! I hope it all works out for you, but I don't really know much about the subject.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...