Thread: MyWay or the highway!

MyWay or the highway!

Hey, all you hep cats out there!

Because I have perfected my Routine, I've decided it's time for me to go public so that others of you can benefit from my carefully honed skills.

Here are the steps in the Routine:

1. First, make sure your human has the right supply item: One large (4-qt, at least) bowl for your water, kept in the bathtub under the water spigot for easy refilling and for ready availability when it's time for the Routine.

2. Teach your human, when s/he is preparing to take a bath (you can tell when this is about to happen by the sound of the water running), to place the water bowl--filled as close to the brim as possible with fresh water--on the bathroom floor so that it will be within easy view of the soon-to-be-reclining bather.

3. After your human is well settled into the tub and too relaxed to move, it's time to commence the Routine. First, go to the bathroom and look surprised that the water bowl is on the floor, instead of in the tub.

4. Approach the water bowl cautiously and slowly. This allows your human time to notice your presence.

5. Signal your recognition that it is, indeed, your water bowl, by sniffing the water and then drinking from the bowl.

6. When you've finished drinking, step directly over the bowl so that your front legs are on one side of the bowl and your back legs are on the opposite side, the bowl is under your body. Got it?

7. Now, carefully lift one back leg (choose the one that has the most of the bathroom on that side) and place it IN the water bowl--all the way to the bottom of the bowl.

8. Without moving away from the bowl, pull that leg out of the bowl and shake it vigorously. Try to make the water spray as far as you possibly can.

9. When you've shaken off all the loose water, place that leg back into the bowl, all the way to the bottom again. If you want to admire yourself you may turn your head so that you can see that your leg is all the way into the bowl.

10. Here's the kicker (teehee): REPEAT STEPS 8 AND 9 NO FEWER THAN EIGHT (8) TIMES! I know this sounds difficult--it's taken me several weeks to develop this persistence, but believe me, it's worth it! Start with one, then gradually work your way up to 8 repetitions. Hang in there! You CAN do it!

11. When you've completed the Routine, place your water-soaked foot on the floor by the bowl and turn so that you're facing the exit. Then quickly do a big jump over as much of the water on the floor as you can and leave the room, snapping the wet leg in the air as you go.

12. When you've reached dry floor, you're free to lick that luscious leg--and to observe your human doing her or his own Routine with a mop.

There you are! DO IT MY WAY!

Sincerely,
    MyWay
    pixie

re: original post

this comes from MyWay's human and agent (my mom)
    pixie

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Sashay's Way.......

Go to large clean bowl of water on basement floor. Splash water around, lick feet, repeat. Step #2 walk into litterpan of WalMart clumping litter with wet feet...repeat 1st step. Make sure feet are thoroughly cleaned off in water bowl again while other cats sit and watch. Walk through litter again...keep splashing, and walking through litter until thirst has been satisfied, and bowl is full of liquid grey slime. Watch as weary human trudges away to refill bowl with clean water. Chuckle quietly to catself about what a slimy mess is all over the floor too. Start all over again.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Lovable's way

1. Make sure your human provides you with an inexpensive plastic water bowl that can be easily moved.

2. Have the bowl filled with cold filtered water from the refrigerator.

3.. Enjoy a long drink.

4. Push bowl around while water splashes out of it.

5, Enjoy watching mopless human pad up spill with paper towels.
    Steffi and Lovable

Thank goodness there is no Tubby's Way or Peanut's Way to report. Peanut does stick her paw first and then lick it, but she doesn't proceed to get water all over the place. Whew!

Oh wait! Knock on wood!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Boy, am I glad my guys are not into getting on the computer to get new ideas! SHAME! SHAME!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hysterical ......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Step Three:Take the Newest cat Nip Toy, that you have,drop it into the Bowl, and Voila, Cat Nip Tea!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

hoping

to hear of other's cat's antics! Mine don't really have anything special that comes to mind right away.... I mean, Shy digs out water till the bowl is across the kitchen floor, but it's somehow not as cute as MyWay and Sashee (sorry Jan- can't spell her name)! Scamp can jump up in the air as high as a foot off the ground in chase of rings I throw for him (you know, those plastic rings off the caps of drink bottles), but that's not really an "antic"...!
    pixie

To Stefi N

Hey, is that Luvable in the photo? If so, she looks MUCH like my shy!! I wonder if white long haired girls like to dig at the water? Does she like to sit in the kitchen sink when your done with the dishes too? and in the shower when it's still wet? Strange gals we have!
    pixie

Yes that is Lovable in the picture and he is a BOY. He will usually avoid water and not come near the sink or shower.

He has an album on Imagestation. Here is a link if you want to see more pictures of him.

Lovable's album
    Steffi and Lovable

oops!

Sorry re: gender error! seems I tend to think long hair=girl! Thanks for album- I will check it out soon! Maybe one day jan will come over with her digital so I can get a photo of Shy and you can see how much they look alike! (aside from her black half mustache- I think rest of markings are same!). Ok, I diverse from "antics" here but couldn't resist a brief conversation with steffi and loveable! Sorry everyone!
    pixie