View Poll Results: Do you envy your cats sleeping habits?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I should sleep all day and the Cat can go to work!

14 77.78%
  • No, I'll leave the powernapping to the experts!

4 22.22%

Thread: Poll: Have you had this thought?

Poll: Have you had this thought?

I have...

Wake up in the morning, the cat is asleep. Come home for lunch break, the cat is asleep. Come home from work, the cat is asleep. Try to go to bed, the cat is wide awake trying to turn everything he touches into a trampoline!

I wish I was a cat sometimes lol

I've always said that in my next life I want to come back as Tubby. Spoiled rotten his entire life and like you say, sleep sleep sleep.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

A cats life! Well, I for one, love working and doing things... especially getting on my favorite web sight PET TALK!! (My cats are not interested in PT unless it's about them!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

As I am a very poor sleeper, yes I do envey my kitties sometimes, and they can sleep through noises, stereo's playing etc, but to be honest I would be soo....bored, I think I will stick with being human for now anyway, maybe in a second life though, but only to someone on PT, because they are all good owners.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Re: Poll: Have you had this thought?

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I have...

Wake up in the morning, the cat is asleep. Come home for lunch break, the cat is asleep. Come home from work, the cat is asleep. Try to go to bed, the cat is wide awake trying to turn everything he touches into a trampoline!

I wish I was a cat sometimes lol
    Gee in my house it's Wake up in the morning, the cats are sleep. Give them breakfast, get ready for work, the cats are asleep. Come home from work, the cats are asleep. Give them dinner, get myself dinner, the cats are asleep. Get ready for bed, the cat are asleep. Crawl into bed, the cats are asleep on the bed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am curious does anyone know why Cats sleep so much? Has a study ever been done on this subject?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I read cats sleep approximately 18 hours a day!
    Joanne Smith - kitty lovah

I saw a documentary once that referred to cat's ability to sleep almost all day as "prodigious capacity for rest." Ha!

teehee I wish that I could spend maybe one day a week at home sleeping while Boomer goes to work for me... Either that or I could bring him to work with me and sit him in the window to calm down any grumpy officers. Who can stay grumpy when looking at a kitty? He'd probably just fall asleep there too
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I almost want to think of MYSELF as a captive slave. Only here to cater to the evr changing kitty whims. *sigh*
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Well, when you consider that we call sleeping "getting your beauty rest", is it any wonder that cats are the most gorgeous creatures??

But to answer your question, YES I have envied my cats for being able to stay home and sleep all day!

Of course, all of our sweet kitties deserve to be pampered and to live in a home where they are loved and able to get their sleep in peace, but yes, I often wish I could stay in bed with them and nap all day!

I have tried to balance things out with them. For example, if I'm off to work in the morning and the place could use a vacuuming or the bathroom is a little messy, I will ask them to please take a moment and straighten it up for me while I'm at work making money so we can all eat, but unfortunately it falls on deaf ears, because when I come home, the kitties are well rested and the place is still a mess. They refuse to do any housework!

I guess they figure, excuse us, but WE are the masters of this home, and YOUR job, momma, is to bring home the bacon AND make sure our home is presentable.

In return, I get the pleasure of their company and the unconditional love that they give me. I guess it's a fair trade.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

I have to admit I really envey them on saturday mornings , when I am out in the dark and cold helping my daughter do her paper run at 6.45 am and they are all cosy and snuggled inside alseep, lucky kitties. I could sure swap with them then for sure.
    Furangels only lent.

That has struck me too, although for the life, of me I can not figure out what job, the Found Cats could do, unless it is building morales, in the Nursing Homes!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS