Thread: Looking for Maltese lovers!!!!!

Looking for Maltese lovers!!!!!

I've got a little malt, and am new to this site .. so far -- I've enjoyed reading .. and seeing all the neat pics ..

Finding Malt owners is not an easy task .. .. even though I've never met a dog I didn't love .. (with the exception of no-one can pass up my baby...lol) ..

I just wanted to say -- I'm very much enjoying this site, and if there ARE any people owned by Malts out there .. please let me know ..

Thank you for this site, and HI !!!

Sally

Re: Looking for Maltese lovers!!!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk Sally,

When I was a little girl, we had a male maltese named
    Georgie. Very pretty, smart/sweet dogs.

----<---<--<{(@

Hi Sally, Welcome to Pet Talk!

I just met my first Maltese last night and have discoved that I love them or maybe it was just this one in particular.

He is 6 months old and just the cutest and sweetest little thing. His name is Mickey D. He was so well behaved and I didn't hear a peep out of him. Of course maybe he was so well behaved because he was the obedience teacher's doggie...lol. All I know is I picked him up and fell in love!

Robin

Good morning

KYS: .. thank you for stopping .. and thank you for the welcome !! Yup -- I think it's a malt trait to be smart .. .. I'm currently on my third in 26 years .. and she is the most headstrong yet .. lol smart as a whip .. and I swear that she understands everything I say .. but will only let on to what she wants to acknowledge ..

Robin ... Welcome to the world of Malts .. this is the attraction they have on anyone that has a heart .. they melt it immediately ..lol lol Like I told KYS .. I'm currently on my third in 26 years .. my first was our engagement present to each other .. and from then on .. I was addicted .. and I was always a big dog person .. well -- malts have changed that...lol .. My current one will be 2 years in August, and is just a 100% bundle of personality .. so expressive, so smart, and so silly .. the harder we laugh at her .. the sillier she gets .. and the hardest part of training her .. is that I've got to be smarter than her .. and this may sound wierd .. but sometimes it's tough ..

Thank you for stopping by -- I KNEW there had to be malt lovers out there .. this is such a neat site .. ... if the moderator reads this .. DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!!

Sally

I don't own any of my own, but my grandmother has 3 of them.
    She used to have 4, but their oldest, Kayla passed away in November of last year. I have an old picture thread of them here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=40446

My cousin Nipper's_mom has one named Nipper, she doesn't post at all though. Her sister has a Maltie named Chewy. I've posted pictures of the both of them as well.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh Kay .. what fun looking at those pics .. Boy -- you guys have 3 little hams there .. My little girl just looks at me and almost rolls her eyes -- saying "Oh -- just get it over with " ..lol lol ..

My last one was a tiny girl .. only 2 pounds 95% of her life .. went all the way up to 3 pounds in the last year and a half. . .. but she was fragile too .. .. believe me -- didn't make me love her any less .. ..

thank you for directing me over to such an enjoyable thread !!!

Sally

Malt Lover Here

I love the Maltese breed, we got our Malt in January and she is just THE BEST dog. I am so impressed with her intelligence, lovingness, personality, her traits, her loyalness, etc.... I can't say enough about the breed.

Happy is 9 months old now and we are considering getting her a malt companion - I have signed up to rescue groups and hope to get one that way, I don't want a puppy taking her place in our life but would like an adult dog I think.....

Cindy AKA Happy's Owner
    Click Here to See my Happy Girl!
    Cindy from Raleigh, NC

Hi malt_ lover! ^_^ Welcome to pet talk!

That's great that you plan to rescue your next pup - rescue dogs make the best pets!

I'd love to hear more about Happy, do you have any pictures? You can post them over in dog general if you'd like.

I'm Rachel by the way, and my pets are in my signature. Also, my mom has a Shihtzu mix. My mom wants a Malt someday too though.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!