Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports...

Sports...

I'm not sure if you all had this thread before but here goes...

I was wondering if anyone on here plays any sports.

I play softball (Short stop or occasionally 3rd bace). I also play a sport that probally no one on here plays, it's Taekwondo. Taekwondo is like Karate. I am in Brown belt wich is 2 away from black!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I used to play basketball and soccer on teams but stopped after we got Kai since I didn't have the time. I still try to play but I've gotten a bit rusty at it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I was in Taekwando when I was younger *and concequently less broken lol* I fought in tournaments. Won a regional medal once although to win I ended up with a concussion *ended my fight career too, doh* I played softball too. I was a catcher and an outfeilder. Now I stick to less harmful sports like fishing and bowling. I still go out and practice with my foam padded sticks though

I play indoor soccer. It's lots of fun

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I was in Taekwando when I was younger *and concequently less broken lol* I fought in tournaments. Won a regional medal once although to win I ended up with a concussion *ended my fight career too, doh* I played softball too. I was a catcher and an outfeilder. Now I stick to less harmful sports like fishing and bowling. I still go out and practice with my foam padded sticks though
    Your cool! Were You in the ATA in Taekwondo? Thats what I'm in!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I have played many sports over the years...I started with soccer and softball in 3rd or 4th grade, added basketball in 5th, volleyball in 8th and was in track 4th, and 9-11. I quit basketball and soccer after 8th grade, but I still play softball. In fact, I need to get to a game now I think this is my 21st season, and I have played every position at one time or another. I have always been a pitcher. Through high school I played SS as well. Now, if I am not pittching I usually play 1st or Left field.

Some softball, roller hockey, touch football, frisbee golf, volleyball, archery, target and skeet shooting...

--------------------------------------------------

OH.

Next month ESPN the Great Outdoor Games will be telecast!!

http://espn.go.com/gog04/s/event_launch_pg.html

There are dog competitions and some off beat sporting events!!

It's fun to watch.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

i played footbal lthis year, and then i was on the track team , i did 100m, 4x100 relay, 200m, 4x200m relay races and the high jump. i love sports!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    In Jr. High I used to play Volleyball and Basketball, now however there's only one sport that I play (other then video game sports ) and that would be agility.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

During high school I was on the girl's tennis and bowling teams.

I haven't bowled much since then, but I always keep a couple tennis racquets and tennis balls in the trunk of my car should I get the urge to play tennis while I'm out I love tennis and have been playing pretty much since I was old enough to pick up and swing a racquet.

I also love inline skating, but that's something I've only picked up within the past year or so

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

lol I am not a sports fan, but I do enjoy(just for fun) hockey and soccer. otherwise I am a Dancer(Highland) I do that for fun even though its killin me(knee brace on one kneee already, soon enugh I will have to have a brace on both knee's to dance, but I dont wanna quite)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by cali
    lol I am not a sports fan, but I do enjoy(just for fun) hockey and soccer. otherwise I am a Dancer(Highland) I do that for fun even though its killin me(knee brace on one kneee already, soon enugh I will have to have a brace on both knee's to dance, but I dont wanna quite)
    I dance too, but I take Broadway stlye jazz. I understand the whole knee thing. Toward the end of this year my left knee was really starting to hurt and I was afraid I was going to have to lok into a brace.

ya, the thing about highland dancing though is that everyone who continues highland lancing will evetually badly injure there legs, some people have ended up in wheel chairs, because the dacning consists of solid fancy jumps for around 3-5 minuts per dance in slippers they dont even come close to being as supportive as ballet slippers.. lol its just to darn fun to quite!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

i used to play/do...
    *soccar
    *baseball
    *basketball
    *football
    *tennis
    *gymnastics
    *swimming

now i only...
    *ride horses
    *dance
    *volleyball

wow what a chaotic life i've had/have.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

A few years ago I played for the U of A womens rugby team, but evntually I just couldn't take all that stress on my body. So I had to quit after my Soph. year, but I had a lot of fun when I was on the team.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!