Thread: Cat accident

Cat accident

My cat was recently checked out by the vet because he peed on my roommates bed. He had never done anything like that ever, so it really, really surprised me. The vet didn't find anything wrong with him... so... all was well... for about a month. Then just today he peed on my roommates bed again, in pretty much the same spot.

This bed was owned by someone with two cats previously... so might he be peeing there because some other cat did or something along those lines. I'm really annoyed because he's never done anything like this before.

Is there any kind of product that will discourage the little guy from going on my roommate's bed? Or any suggestions you guys have?

Thanks so much.

What worked for my mom when Tubby peed on my Dad's side of the bed...twice...was she put some plastic over the bed spread. Covered the bed with plastic. I've heard that aluminum foil works well also. The theory behind this is that kitty doesn't like the feel of the plastic or foil on his/her little tootsies, so he/she stays off.

Another thing you could do is close your roommates door so kitty can't get in there. There are also products you can buy at PetSmart and such that are cat repellents. I'm not sure how well any of them work though. Hopefully someone else will have some advice on those.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Well I would put double sided sticky tape or tin foil on the spot in question. Cats do not like walking on it. Also you may need to clean the box a bit more. Good Luck! Hope I helped.
    SArAh
    ~proud of being owned by Mabel the smarty pants tabby, Cosmo the white pawed golden retriver, and Cookie the musical guinea pig~

Similar experience

Last year I got married and my cat, Mozart, peed on my husband while he was sleeping three times. Thank God my husband is an animla lover!! My Dr. told me that it was out of jealousy and told me and my husband to give Mozart alot of extra attention. See, Mozart used to sleep right next to me until my hubby came along. Eventually it did stop.
    The other factor was that we moved shortly after these three "accidents" and that also could have attributed to it.

oh gee, bad memories!

i had a cat years ago, that preferred peeing on the bed to the clean box. No idea why. Except maybe after the first time, he needed to reinforce his marking (even though he was nuetered -- he was an adult feral when nuertered so maybe to late to stop behavior?). Anyway, I'll never forget coming home to my Salem apt and pulling down the clean covers to find everything peed on- I stripped the entire bed, soaked up as much pee as possible, and laid down a bunch of towels then all clean linens and covers. Went to crawl back into bed.... He'd peed on it again! Ya know, I don't remember how I handled it, I must have had more linens because I never slept on the hardwood floors! and I never yelled or said anything to him. I knew he meant no harm. oh what we put up with eh? My best litter box rebellion was a yellow boy who would only pee in the tub- he'd squat right over the drain and leave no drips anywhere!
    pixie

Marking means that the cat is upset, insecure or territorial. Many people just give up on the cat; there are loads of ways to get the cat to stop marking. Some involve medical intervention; the cat can be prohibited from the area; retrained in a small room, etc. There is a member, I forget who, who had to retrain one of her cats.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb