Thread: Red's Story

Red's Story

Red – Big Red – Mr. Red

We first saw Red in our yard about 7 months ago. It was awhile before I realized he had just one eye; then noted he was also neutered. So, of course, he had a family and was just visiting – right? And he was just too healthy looking to be a stray. Then the snow started to pile up, and I realized his tracks didn’t leave our yard. He was spending the nights on our back porch, and the days under our front deck.

I put out flyers in mail boxes; put some up in local grocery stores; took another to the Humane Society; passed others out to all the Veterinarians in the area. Finally we took him to our Vet – unfortunately he was not chipped. But our Vet did a cursory physical, tested him for FeLV and FIV (negative), figured he was about 7 years old.

We decided to find him a forever home – but before doing that, we treated him to a Day at the Spa. Dropped him off at the Vet one morning, and he had dental work – needed an extraction; got his ears cleaned and nails clipped; had his first immunizations; got a chip – and had a bath and blow-dry! He had a wonderful time!

Well, as time goes by, we fall under his spell, and decide that this is his home. And he gives us no argument. All this time, for lack of anything better, we’ve been calling him Red. I tried to change it – but he would have no part of anything but Red.

[img] http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/f814f764.jpg[/img]

[img] http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/f8141c98.jpg[/img]

Well arent you just so handsome Mr Red!! I am glad he found a furrever home with you, Grace!

What a great story. Red is very handsome. And it now that he has a furrever home, he's not only handsome but extremely happy.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Why hello there Mr. Red! Aren't you just the most adorable "fluffy" orangie.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh what a sweet story, big beautiful Mr. Red! But then, I'm partial to big, male orangies. I hope we'll be seeing lots more of him on PT! and bless you for giving him a furrever home!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Grace, he is BEAUTIFUL!!! And HANDSOME!! I can see why he stole your heart. I love it where the baby selects it's OWN home.. I have JUST got Midnight who selected MY house over a year ago but someone else found her and took her home, but she kept coming back to MY house... She is finally MINE!!

I also have a special needs kitty so Red has grabbed my soft spot for sure! WELCOME HOME BIG GUY!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Big Red knows the right home to go to. What a beautiful boy you are!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hmmm, Imagestation is giving me troubles this afternoon. I look forward to seeing a big gorgeous Red guy later when it settles down. So glad to hear another wonderful cat has a terrific furever home.

Congratulations to you all.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Well hello there, Mr. Big Red! You sure do look right at home and very handsome I might say, on that bed there!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Look at that guy!!! How handsome is that??!!

I think I'm in love with Red - what an adorable orangie. He has quite a story too. I'm so glad he chose you to be his new family and you agreed.

Please share more pictures!

From Decker with Love

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Gorgeous Boy!

Gorgeous and lucky to have found someone to love him forever. It's spooky, when I saw this thread I had to check and see what state you live in! I found a similar cat "Thomas" who had been been brought to a housing project nearby, and Thomas managed to get lost. He had one eye sugically removed, and was also neutered and declawed to top it off! I had seen a post on one of the cats boards and it took a while to find it again. To make a long story short, Thomas after being lost in the city for eight months was re-united with his owners who lived quite a ways from here. It took 10 days and three people helping me try to track down his owners. I should have kept that cat...awesome and sweet large lap-pumpkin! Congrats on your new and very handsome boy. Was his eye taken out by a vet? Or was it injured in some way?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Re: Gorgeous Boy!

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    Was his eye taken out by a vet? Or was it injured in some way?
    It appears to have been removed by a Vet. And we have no idea as to the reason. And we can only speculate how he got to our backyard.

Our best guess - he belonged to someone who either moved or got sick or died. A relative, neighbor said they would take care of him. It didn't work out. Maybe they dumped him - maybe he left looking for his first person. Whatever - we tried everything we could think of to find his home - now he's with us for as long as he wants.

Now this is a picture of one happy cat.

Welcome Big Red. What a handsome boy you are.
    Thank you for taking this sweet boy in.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Mr Red,is so lucky that you took him in,as most Shelters owuld have had him put down,rather than go to the expense f fixing his eye! And there is a Special place , for Red, and a Steak,with his name,on it at the July First Parteee!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS