Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frito feet anyone?

Hybrid View

Frito feet anyone?

I was sniffing my cat's front paws the other day for some strange, unknown reason, and I thought I smelled a dusty smell, like old antique wood. But, as I got closer to my cat, I realized, it's coming from her! Holly's never been known to eat anything except her food, so I was curious. I sniffed her paws. Fritos!
    Sniff your cat's paws and I garuntee they will smell like Fritos!
    I thought this would make a few people laugh, so I decided to make a name and stick it on.

------------------
    People who think they cannot buy love have never bought an animal.

Good heavens, I thought that was just a dog thing!

Tigerlover17 - you have to check out the long and pretty fun thread on this over in the dog section - see http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/Forum5/HTML/000054.html !

After reading the hilarious post on the dog side about snack foods and pet feet, I sniffed all my cats' feet to see if it held true for them, too. But I coundn't smell anything, even on the one who seems to spend half his day daintily flicking at his toes!

Yes! Zezu has frito feet too!

LOL!!!!!

...perhaps I am old fashioned but after reading the topic link I discovered that people were talking about kissing their pets feet...euucch Is this the norm?

I would imagine that even an indoor cat has very unhygenic feet after it's used them to dig a hole and bury its poo?!

Not to mention the chances of contracting toxic plasmosis...

Originally posted by Troy:
    ... people were talking about kissing their pets feet...
    I think they were only referring to smelling the feet, as in checking the fragrance or odor, not kissing.

I kiss Boogie's feet all the time! Samson's too, but he's a dog. Boogie's feet smell like FRITOS!! Yummy!

Troy,

LMAO!!

that was a funny post. I was talking about smelling his feet. Don't ask why I did, I just did.

what is plasmosis?

Some of you obviously didn't read the topic-link to the dog forum on this. There were references to kissing pets feet (and dogs at that!)

ie: "No, they said. That's gross. We don't kiss or smell their feet." How sad, I thought. Since I was a kid, I remember one of my fondest memories of my first dog was kissing and smelling her little paws as we slept in bed.

Ben...Toxic Plasmosis is the lack of appreciation for the metric system.

4 Feline House has provided a good link of Toxic Plasmosis. It is rife in human populations around the world, I was reading a medical report stating that something like 80% of many populations (including 1st world countries) have had or have been exposed to Toxic Plasmosis. Unless you're pregnant or on medication for AIDs you're not really at risk, it's symptons are pretty much like a mild flu. I would imagine that most people on the pet forums here have had contact with it and antibodies to it would probably be present in most of our blood.

Thanks!

As the originator of the Frito Feet thread in the dog forum, allow me to clarify. It is possible, although not necessary, to kiss a dog/cats' feet in order to perceive the essence of "Frito!" Some people do; some don't. It's a personal choice!

P.S. In cat's, I referred to the same smell. However, the feline mutation is referred to as "Popcorn tootsies!"

Naaaaaa. No offense, tats, I think I'll stick to Frito Feet. A matter of preference I guess.

I read this topic earlier today at work, and when I got home I took a whiff of both of my cat's feet.
    I was laughing so hard that my sister came in to see what I was doing. I could hardly get the words out to tell her that the cats have "frito" feet