Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting Pretty?

Sitting Pretty?

Okay her posture is really bad. Nesta likes to be included in all conversations. Whenever we have people over she sits like this against the wall following the flow of the conversation. Many people find it disconcerting to be stared at so intently when they are trying to make a point. Is anyone else owned by one of these krazy sitting kitties?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No, neither Tubby nor Peanut have ever sat like that, but I can see why your guests have trouble trying to keep their thoughts focused.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh, that is too, too funny! I think I'm in love!

Our female Burmese, "Honey" sits like that quite often while grooming away. Sometimes she looks up from grooming when interrupted and we've caught many poses just like yours.

It's adorable- but my wife kiddingly calls her a floosy.

To me, it's a sign of trust.

"Yes, this is my kingdom and I am quite comfortable here. I am capable of being either stately or lowly, depending upon my mood. If you question my purpose or my posture, I'll quickly turn my rear on you! So watch it buster."
    To err is human, to purr is feline.
    ~ Robert Bryne

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
    ~ Albert Schweitzer

Here is Katie sitting pretty. Katie says: "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!
    Last edited by ActionCat007; 08-25-2004 at 08:48 PM.

Yes Traice,

My silly little Katiebug sits like that all the time. Only usually she is sitting up more and then will pull her tail between her legs and hold it with her front paws as she cleans it. I might have a pic somewhere here......

She was just in the process of pulling the tail up when I took the pic.

Denyce
    Last edited by Denyce; 06-29-2004 at 01:52 PM.

Great picture!

Yes Trevor sits like that often. I will have to keep an eye out and grab the camera next time! It is really comical to see!

What a precious picture, I Just loved it, your kitty is indeed very very pretty, and looks so adorable, I have seen Ash sit similar once in a while whilst grooming, being the big plump guy he is, it always looks funny and cute, thanks for sharing, just love that kitty.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

What a wonderful picture! I would be too busy laughing and gazing at your beautiful kitty to make any points anyway.

Thats really cute! Personally, I would be honered to have such a beautiful cat gaze at me as I speak. I would probably forget what I was saying and go on gabbering about how lovely that cat is!
    SArAh
    ~proud of being owned by Mabel the smarty pants tabby, Cosmo the white pawed golden retriver, and Cookie the musical guinea pig~

Re: Sitting Pretty?

Originally posted by Traice
    Okay her posture is really bad. Nesta likes to be included in all conversations. Whenever we have people over she sits like this against the wall following the flow of the conversation. Many people find it disconcerting to be stared at so intently when they are trying to make a point. Is anyone else owned by one of these krazy sitting kitties?
    Hi Traice,

I have a cat that does the same sitting position and I thought it was the funniest thing ever! I have him on video tape sitting on the futon like that...not cleaning himself, just sitting there...we were thinking of taking pictures with a bottle of beer and chips positioned in his paws. Now that would be funny!
    Thor, Belle & Scout's Mom

one of my cats sits like that, but not during conversations. Pretty cool!

Tito "sitting pretty":

cute kitties...yep, cats own their people, don't they?

WHAT a Hoot!!!
    She is too precious for words! I am surprised that she doesn't ask you for a cup of tea!
    She is adorable!!!

Mommacat,Deb