View Poll Results: How does this make you feel?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wow! I wish more people thought this way!

1 3.13%
  • Stupid. I will never change my mind.

15 46.88%
  • We all have our own opinions. This one is yours.

14 43.75%
  • Other. Please post on board>^.^<

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Good Life

I think your cat Lainy is so sweet. I wish her a long and happy life and hope she does not get hit by a car like the kitten I saw on the highway this weekend. Poor thing - maybe he had a happy life but it was way too short.

I'm not going to get snippy, that would be illogical.

However, I do feel inclined to respectfully post my opinion:

I live in an apartment with my cat. I live on one of the busiest streets in town butting up against one of the many open fields briming with coyotes and rattlesnakes. Some people in my complex DO let thier cats outside but they usually end up missing in very short order. *the only cats I know of that are outdoors and have't become lunch or roadkill are the ones that sit firmly on the welcome mat in front of the door until they're let in. They don't even explore* My ex roomate has lost 20, I repeat 20 cats in the past four years because she insisted that they be let outside. Yes cats have claws, yes cats have teeth but I don't care how big your cat is, unless he/she has been ferral long enough to know how to defend itself *making it usually not a very friendly companion although I've seen some nice feral cats* they are going to be prey for something a lot bigger. Ok, so maybe cats arent far enough removed from the wild that they can't survive by instinct out of doors. However, I doubt very siriously cats know how to deal with cars instinctually. Cars are not natural. I know a lot of people on PT that live in highly populated, urban areas. Some of us have managed to make it so thier kitties can go out. I don't know about other apartment dwellers, but I know at my place of residency *and DON'T start about my inability to aford my cat just because I live someplace that isn't expensive, I can see that arguement from a mile away* if my cat is seen outside for extended periods, back to the shelter he goes. If he doesn't get run over first. People are careless and stupid and very rarely stop for a cat.
    I doubt my cat will be happy at being honked at, chased by bigger critters and trying to avoid getting caught. If asked, Im sure he would say he was just happy with his kitty TV *the rats lol* all his scratchy toys and the toilet paper roll. I doubt he would want to go outside.
    I voted that it IS your opinion, and although I don't agree, you DO have the right to post.
    Just try to look at more than one perspective
    And make an argument that is a little more bullet proof...these people have claws you know

I found this thread again, checking to see if the original poster had anything else to say. Guess not.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Hopefully she just went away. I'm usually not mean but that attitude made me sick!