Thread: Burner's passing

Burner's passing

Did you all see that Burner, the inspiration for the "BurnerKitty.com" website passed away earlier this month? Poor sweet Burner. The owners of the site are debating whether or not to keep it up and running, now that Burner is gone (they loved him so!). Very sad... Visit BurnerKitty
    margaret

Saima and Miko

How sad....what a sweet kitty.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hi Margaret!
    I had heard many of you mention Burner Kitty before, but never visited the site until you posted this message. Sounds like the owners are terribly upset, and I certainly don't blame them. But in their message, when they question whether to keep the site going, they say they want/need contributions from the people who frequent the site....I am not comfortable with this request. Any spare dollars I would have for pet related sites, would definitely go towards non profit groups, using my money toward medical and other expenses related to homeless and sick animals.

I hope they figure it out, as their site is apparently very popular. Maybe when their hearts have healed, they will look to finding more advertisers for their site, or maybe there are people, unlike me, who will actually mail checks to them....

Thanks for letting us know about Burner. It is always sad when anyone loses a pet they love so much.

Logan

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

How very sad . . .I too, had never visited before, but it broke my heart to do so now, because I had a "Dusty" that looked almost identical to BurnerKitty. I had to say goodbye in September 1994 and it broke my heart - I still ache a bit when I think about him.

I never believed I could love another nearly as much -- but I am "Max's Human" now -- and even thought they look completely different, Max has so many characteristics of Dusty I often wonder if "9 Lives" is truer than I know!

Burner is my favorite site next to this one. http://pets.burnerkitty.com/3082

This also made me think about how sad I would be if "Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day" & "Pet Talk" ever had to end! If Karen and Paul ever decided to "retire", I wouldn't let them do it! I think I would insist that they keep this wonderful site going forever--or at least until I'm no longer on this Earth!

Long Live "Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day" and "Pet Talk"!!
    margaret

Saima and Miko