Thread: Some bad news about my baby tiel

Some bad news about my baby tiel (but not too bad)

It's a girl. If you don't know what I'm talking about read these threads. First thread second thread

Anyway, I called for the results of the DNA test today and the girl said the tiel is a female. I told my brother and cousin when I got home from work because they ask me everyday. After I told them I had to leave and buy Sylvia and Harley some food since we ran out this morning. When my mom got home from work my bro and cuz must have told her because the first thing she said to me with a frown was, "It's a girl, huh?" She then asked me what I was going to do. Well, I thought it was pretty cut and dry. Apparently, I was wrong. She said she knew I really liked her and it was ok with her to get the female and try to find another male for Danny My mom said the only obstacle would be my dad. So I guess the baby in the pics is MINE! Now I have to pick girl names, after I agonized over the male names
    Last edited by My Peanuts; 06-24-2004 at 12:55 PM.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Well I can't say that's *bad* news. You will now get two new tiels instead of one!! Two new tiels to love. What can be better than that?

This way, Alex can have a friend without you having to worry about them mating, and Danny can have his own boy tiel friend.

Good luck, and keep us updated! I can't wait to see pics of your new baby tiel!

Ps. How's Alex doing now?

Originally posted by popcornbird

Ps. How's Alex doing now?
    Alex is doing great! I'm so happy for her. She seems 100% back to normal. I'm still a worried mommy though; I know egg binding can happen again pretty quickly. Alex is eating all kinds of new foods too. Her favorite is cooked green beans, but we are working on everything else too.

I'm such a softy! I kept telling myself that if the baby was a girl I wasn't taking her. When I found out I was really upset, but that changed pretty quickly. My mom just assumed I was taking her anyway. I have really great parents

I found some male tiels on petfinder, but they are in Madison, WI, which is about 2 hours from my house. I don't know if they will adopt that far away. It's defiantly worth a call My very opinionated boyfriend is going to think I'm nuts and roll his eyes at me, but I don't care!

I just called the shelter. They will adopt to me and they have a lot of cockatiels! Now I have to talk to the bird person over there, but she is at lunch right now. After that it's a matter of taking the drive and oh yeah, talking my dad into it He's a softy like me, it shouldn't be a problem

Is four tiels too many? My mom's theory is that I have to have two cages anyway, so Alex and Danny should have cagemates. I like the way ya think mom!

I was scared to open this! But I'm glad nothing bad has really happened

I can't wait to see pictures of all the birdies.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Diana, don't forget that there are 3 sweet babies in SC who all need homes that I trust! I'll have pictures later today or tomorrow.

Logan

PS. I know you're too far away, but I just had to say that!!! Hehehe!!!

oh thank goodness

i was scared to open that too.

but now its better than b 4 !!!!

got any ideas for names??

i like fiona...
    but maybe you don't.
    maybe ummmm.... how bout.....
    lily? do you like iether one of those??
    fiona or lily?

hey your baby has my name too. he he!
    Ferrets, Loveable Little Thiefs That Steal Your Heart!

alex and the Fuzz Butts

Originally posted by Logan
    Diana, don't forget that there are 3 sweet babies in SC who all need homes that I trust! I'll have pictures later today or tomorrow.

Logan

PS. I know you're too far away, but I just had to say that!!! Hehehe!!!
    I really considered it, but round trip that would be a lot of hours on the road. I wish my brother still worked for the airlines, I would take one in a second. You won't have any problems finding homes for the babies.

Re: oh thank goodness

Originally posted by pink_giggles90
    i was scared to open that too.

but now its better than b 4 !!!!

got any ideas for names??

i like fiona...
    but maybe you don't.
    maybe ummmm.... how bout.....
    lily? do you like iether one of those??
    fiona or lily?

hey your baby has my name too. he he!
    The baby is a girl. The one I'm getting tomorrow is going to be a boy. I know it's confusing. I have Alex a 7 year old female, Danny is a male and I don't know how old he his, the baby is too young to come home and is a female, and tomorrow I'm going to adopt a boy. It’s hard for me to keep straight; I don’t expect everyone else to. Thanks for the suggestions though