Thread: To Cat Crazy Lady...

To Cat Crazy Lady...

Thank you for your nice comments in my "house tour" thread. As you requested I took some close-ups of my mother's plates. The blue ones are called "Flow Blue" and were among her favorites. Here is a site that sort of explains a little about them. http://alsnetbiz.com/acc/flowblue.html
    The other one is a Limoges plate and I don't know much more than that.

My kitty plates are stored in the hutch and I got them through the Bradford Exchange years ago and they are just as precious to me as an antique!

Kitty plates coming up in next post...

I think you can tell who was my inspiration in purchasing this plate.

And this one...

This is the last one I will bore you with. This chest is particularly special to my hubby since it was made by his great-grandfather whom he never met. (Keep in mine my hubby is 59 years old so this chest is really quite old.) I don't know if you can see the handles but the workmanship is amazing. The top is a piece of marble. It is not attached thankfully because you could never move the chest.

Hope you enjoyed! If anyone else has something "special" or that was "handed down" and you want to post it here, please go ahead!

Oh WOW Pam, I don't know how I missed your gorgeous plates!!! I collect decorative plates ... yours are absolutley beautiful!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I love those plates!
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

I have some Cat Plates from eatons , that I gavemy Mother , and have them again, after her passing, although JJJ3 broke my Favorite a Siamese Cat chasing , a toy Mouse!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

THANK YOU for sharing those! The plates are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the old blue and white and the print on the beautiful gold one is incredible. The kitty cat plates are way past adorable! Of course!!
    I knew they would be that beautiful when you saw them up close. How pretty. They look wonderful in your home but I think they might look good in mine too!!

Thanks again for letting me see them up close!