View Poll Results: How do you disipline your pet/s?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • a look

5 16.67%
  • yell

15 50.00%
  • spank

3 10.00%
  • timeout

5 16.67%
  • nothing

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you disipline your pet/s?

How do you disipline your pet/s?

AGH....
    As much as you LOVE your pets, sometimes they get on your nerves right?
    So.....how do you disipline them???
    My habits differ from my husband's, one look from him & they run. I feel like a broken record....no, no. no & then I have them sit for a few minutes (if I'm lucky) & try to ignore them!
    It's really hard though looking at those "innocent" faces.

Just a "no" works fine for me.

I just say NO in a stern voice.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I probably look like an idiot doing it but Kaedyn gets a growl while I tower over him.

With Kai, I hold his face up to level with mine and look directly into his eyes. He *hates* it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I usually just say "no" or "max" in a stern voice. Works good usually. HE doesn't get into too much trouble anyways.

umm it depends usually I'll make a loud noise if Maggie doing something(like jumping the fence)yell no or if she is really bad then I smack her bottom which is effective!
    But I hardly smack her it's like a rare thing and I've never abused her either!
    I love Maggie it's the way I disipline her when she is SUPER bad!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Noone should hit their pet

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    All I do is pick up "MR PARROT HEAD" and everyone behaves. MPH is a squirt bottle I found at WalMart a while ago, and it's a large orange parrot head and water comes out the beak. Hitting makes an animal fearful, and should never be done. A loud NO works for me too.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Usually a firm, NO or clapping of my hands, does the trick, but I have resorted to using a squirter now,thanks to advice to others from PT, as Lexie has become quite destructive with my curtains of late, and my clothes on the clothes horse, but that is all that is needed, no SMACKING in my house.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My first post .. :)

Usually a look and "no" will suffice .. but when she gets too rambunctious .. a timeout is in order ..

I would NEVER spank, hit, kick, do any physical harm to any of my pets. Just a stern NO, works for me.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

A stern no and they quit whatever they're doing. But very seldom do I even have to disipline them. They are very good dogs

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Discipline a cat? I don't think so. I am pretty well trained though.

With Connor it is hard. He is so used to being Slapped across the face (NOT FROM ME) that a "No" seems like the easy way out. Like when he first came he helped himself to the food bag (Big No No in our house) I told him No after No after No. It really was a stupid thing but I 1. Don't have the money to pay for a free eating dog and 2. Don't want a fat dog. So Soon I learned that If I just act like it is the worst thing I have ever seen he will never do it again. Like, when I cought him eating from the bag I yelled "Connor No!" took his collor made him sit and said Bad bad Connor I can't beleave you would do that in a stern voice, I then released him and acted like i was mad for a few mins, not looking at him, not petting him etc. etc. He has NEVER eaten from the bag again!

With Nova...Hmm, she is STUBURN. So I usually have to use a squirt bottle or a "time out" in Breeze's kennel.

Breeze - No or a tug on the collor.

Ash
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 07-04-2004 at 11:31 AM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I love animals and its really hard for me to spank my puppy so all i do is give him a look and say no