Thread: My sick hamster

My sick hamster

My hamster Tawny is very sick right now. I was checking on her yesterday and I noticed she seemed very tired and slow.. and her breathing sounds stuffy. I'm so worried about her because I'm not sure if any vet around here would see a hamster. I've put some vitamins in her water and have been putting this vapor stuff on her nose like twice a day but what else can I do? I think she's very sick and I don't want it to lead to something worse..

I don't know much at all about hamster ailments Poor Tawny Have you tried some of the online hamster forums? Lots of experienced people there that might have some advice. Have you called your vet to ask for any suggestions, perhaps a referral to a "pocket pet" vet? What type of vapor stuff are you putting on his nose? Vicks Vaporub? You might want to check if that's adivsable. That's pretty potent stuff so you might want to go easy with it. I sure do hope your little one gets better soon. We'll be saying a prayer for sweet Tawny. Please check back with us to let us know how she's doing. {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi thanks for your words. No I haven't been using vicks vaporub, it's stuff for small animals that I got at the pet store. I'm not sure if it's helping much though. I have gone to a lot of the hamster forums and been doing research on hamster colds too. People in the hamster forums haven't been all that helpful though. If she doesn't start getting better really soon I'm going to have to do a lot of searching around for a vet who will accept her. She's just been sleeping so much! Thanks for your prayers, I really want her to get better.

If anyone has any advice on hamster colds and can tell me anything helpful then please let me know!

Thanks,
    Fallon.

TLC

The bes thing to give Tawny is some TLC. Diego Joe sen dhis wishes. Tawny could have wet tail. I really hope not. Slowness is a sign of wet tail. I would recamend bring Tawny outside for some fres h air (if it is warm were you live) It helped Diego Joe get over his cold which the vet was sure would bring him death. Just give Tawny lots of kisses & tell ehr how much you love her. Give her some carrots or celeray it'll make her happier. Give her tummiy rubs. Hugs & kisses from Me & Diego Joe. GET BETTER TAWNY!

Rainbow Bridge Baby>>

Wonderful advice piclezgomoo has given you; love is a wonderful healer. And trying do try to find a small critter vet too. Sending lots of healing prayers to your beautiful Tawny. Get well soon sweet little girl. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~