Thread: Three new rescues- I am hand feeding three orphaned baby mice :)

Three new rescues- I am hand feeding three orphaned baby mice :)

Well I have three new baby mice. They are about a week and a half old and their eyes should open soon. I have had them now for two days and they are doing really well, but I tell ya these guys are PIGS! I have to feed them every two hours and they eat a ton. Luckily they are pottying on their own so I don't need to stimulate them as much, and their poopies are nice and healthy looking. I can't wait until their eyes open! They are active little buggers and it's hard feeding them because they are so squirmy. They just suck the milk from the syringe and lick it off my fingers. They are soooo cute!

I got them from work because they were shipped to us to feed to a snake/s, but the snakes didn't want to eat them, and since they had no mom because they were going to be food, I took them home to hand feed. It's going amazingly well. I work tomorrow night but I think they will be fine until I get home. I am going to have a friend feed them while I am gone. Once their eyes open they can start eating solid food and I can feed them every four hours instead of two.

Here are some pictures.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Aww... that is so cute. Baby MICE! Love it!

AWWW!!

This is what you were talking about! They *ARE* adorable. Mind if i come and pick a couple up?

Keep us updated with lots of pictures!

Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Bump!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    OH what a precious little trio of mousies you have! They are toooo adorable for any more words...
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

How are the little babies today? Can you tell yet if they are boys or girls?
    They are really very cute, and I hope that you can post more pictures in the future.

Yep, I could tell their sex the first day I got them. There are two boys and one girl. Though their eyes still haven't opened yet, so they are younger than I thought. But they are still going strong!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major