Thread: Relay for Life

Relay for Life

Tomorrow and Saturday I will be joiningg a HUGE group of cancer survivors and family and just anyone who wants to come celebrate and help support us. They have it every year here and I am looking forward to attending. It starts at 5pm Friday and finishes up at 11 am Saturday. I guess there is plenty of entertainment and people actually hang out all night. It sounds like lots of fun. At dusk there is a special ceremony and all lights are turned out and they light the luminaires for all the survivors and in memory of the deceased. I hear it is a very emotional and touching experience. My mom and Alden have just informed me today that they both have donated money for me and I will have my own luminaire lit up just for me. They are the best! I can not wait to experience this. Being a survivor is really something and remembering those who have lost the battle is heartbreaking. It is a strong and powerful feeling that I can't even describe. During this time there is a silent walk around the track for the survivors. I know that there is quite a few people here who have had to deal with cancer themselves or have been through it with their families and I just wanted to let you all know that when I am taking my walk around the track I will be thinking of all of you and your families and holding you all in my thoughts and in my prayers. This is a terrible, terrible disease that effects so many of us and I wish that someday we will find the cure. Ok, I'm getting choked up. It brings back alot of memories for me. Scary times that I thought I have put aside but I know those feelings will probably always be there with me, they will dim in time though.

This is going to be a happy time though. Tons of people, food and entertainment!~!!! My favorite part...hehehe...is that at 9am Saturday morning there is going to be a PET PARADE!!!!! I can't wait. You know what 2 special girls are going to be with me!!!! I love it! I will make sure to remember my camera so that I can get lots of pics of all the doggies and whatever other pets might be there.

Thanks for letting me share this with you all. As I have said before you all were great when I was not feeling so well and I don't know what I would have done without my family and Pet Talk!!!

{{{HUGS}}}......Robin

Wow.. Sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do something like that. If I start getting back in shape, I plan on doing the walk here when they have it. Be sure you have your camera! We're gonna want lots of pics!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I'll try to get lots of pics! I hope I have time to. I'm just lookin forward to meeting all the people!

Shoot, I meant to put this thread in General. Can anyone tell me how to move it over there!

Robin

PM Karen, i'm sure she can move it for ya... but it's ok here too, i think..
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

That does sound very touching, Robin! Wish I could be there with you.

And how sweet of your mom and Alden.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    That does sound very touching, Robin! Wish I could be there with you.

And how sweet of your mom and Alden.
    Thanks, Kay!

I wish you could be there also.

Robin