Thread: Bassett has to go to the vet

Bassett has to go to the vet

I have an appointment for Bassett on Friday.

She is breathing through her mouth a lot, and she seems to have little to no energy. She always seems like she is tired and lately she has not been sitting normally; she kind of puts her front legs out far in front of her rather than sitting up tall like most cats.

I'm absolutely terrified. I have been going through so much emotionally lately, I don't know how much strength I have to deal with this too. I have been very depressed, and I've started seeing a counsellor. As much as that has helped me emotionally, financially it's a strain. Also, Nathan and I broke up on the 4th, so I haven't been sleeping or eating properly. Sorry I haven't been posting much, but as you can see a lot has been going on.

Bassett needs your prayers. What I'm praying for right now is clarity. Even if the news is bad, and I have to help her cross to the RB, I want it to be clear that is the path I am meant to take. Please keep her in your thoughts. She needs them right now.

Thanks.

Nomilynn I am sending loads of prayers your way that everything works out for Bassett. Please keep us posted.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

You both will be in our prayers.

Many prayers being sent your way.

{{hugs}}

Nomilynn, I'm so sorry you've been going thru so much.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Bassett.

Is it possible she's reacting to the stress in your life?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry you're feeling low. I hope Bassetts vet visit will show nothing serious wrong.

Take care of yourself, we'll keep our paws and fingers crossed for both Bassett and you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh my, what a rough time you're having right now. I know it's no consolation, but things always work out for the best, even though you can't see it at the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you to help you see the clear path.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Naomi, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry about Bassett and sorry that you and Nate have parted. I can't believe it. Is there any chance for reconciliation? You really need all the support you can get right now.

Email me if you need to talk. I'm always here for you.

All fingers and paws crossed for Friday. I'm hoping it's just the heat that's got Bassett down. Max and Speckles have just been laying around and not eating much.

Hugs to you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Naomi,

I am so sorry for all that you've been through. It IS possible that Bassett is reacting to your sadness and depression. I hope that whatever is happening with her that it's nothing serious.

You and Bassett are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. You have my phone number. Call me anytime, day or night, okay?? And please hang in there.

(((((hugs)))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Naomi,

I am sorry that everything seems to be happening to you at the same time. Having been through similar circumstances I know how difficult it can be to even get out of bed.

Please eat (even if it tastes like sawdust), because if you get ill there will be no one to take care of your guys

I am not sure where you are seeing your counsellor through, but some places have a "sliding scale" for payments based upon what you earn. The other option is to be referred to a psychiatrist rather than a counsellor. That way your BC health plan will provide coverage for the psychiatrist...

I am truely sorry that you and Bassett are going through such a rough time. Perhaps she is reacting to your stress. But please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your gang.

Bassett is gone. Please refer to Naomi's link.