Thread: Purina Indoor Formula

Purina Indoor Formula

I was wondering if any of you fed your cats the "Purina Indoor Formula". My crazy neighbor doesn't think I feed my cats just because their skinny so he thinks it necessary to feed them. He feeds them the Purina Indoor Formula and I was wondering if this was okay for my cats to eat since they mostly stay outside.
    I feed them Purina Cat Chow(the blue bag)and 9 lives wet food so they live pretty good. They also get basically any table scraps that we have and they want(makes you wonder how they could be so skinny!).
    Just wondering. I assume it's okay but I thought it was like feeding a kitten senior cat food.
    Thanx!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I haven't tried it, as I don't get a good variety of food here. Your cat's colouring is gorgeous in the photo!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Aww. Not sure, we use Science Diet Lite in my house and they still have a couple of extra pounds on em. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Just a little note that table scraps aren't too good for kitties
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Yeah, personnally, if I fed them what I wanted to I'd feed them an all raw meat diet or a mostly meat based kibble and wetfood like Felidae. I don't really have that option though and cats can live long healthy lives on Purina. I know that it has all the vitamins and things they need in it even if it isn't entirely meat. I give them lots of wet food because the main products in it are meat(or by-products rather).
    Ping Pong prefers to eat what she kills(I don't mind since she's not wasting animals....I hate it when they kill stuff and just live it in the yard
    I think table scraps are actually better than companies claim that they are. For one...if animals are eating table scraps then they'll eat less of their product: therefore bringing in less money for them. Also, if you read what is in just the basic catfood....it's not really anything that great....they wouldn't need all the vitamins and such if the ingredients were high-quality. Like humans...we don't have vitamins in our food(unless in is just trash...like cereal). My cat's diet is mostly catfood but they do like the occasional table scrap...eggs...chicken leftovers....(my bro's and sis are pretty piccy so there's alotta good stuff left over)
    This is just my opinion...as I have looked at these things and studied them carefully. I go to any petfood site I can find and read their claims and ingredients...yadayadayada....
    My cats are very healthy and well built...Carlotta did get quite meaty a while back so I quit feeding her all I could stuff in her...
    thanx for your help everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images