Thread: we founbd a siberian husky girl!

we founbd a siberian husky girl!

she is injured from what looks like a fight. she is a young, apearing pur bred siberian husky who was found collarless on the side of the highway. she is covered in tics and open wounds my mom is treating right now. she can barly stand on her one back leg because the pad is nearly torn right off, and she has a deep cut just inside that leg as well. my mom is looking for a sib rescue as well. my other dogs ae not to fond of her to say the least. but she is VERY friendly. anyway I have pics I will post later, and I will keep yas updated on her.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

awww that is so horrible!! Poor girl...hope you get better soon!

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Thank goodness you found her! Knowing huskies, I wonder if she ran away from a loving home somewhere and forgot her way home? They do so loooooove to run and run and - hey, where am I? Poor girl! Bless you and your mom for taking care of her, poor, poor girl!

Poor doggie! Sounds like her life has been quite rough, lately. Hope she's going to be alright. Maybe you can keep her? I want a Huskie for Duke's buddy so bad.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm glad you found her before it was too late.

The pad injury sounds like she's been running a long way. I'd say it sounds like she's been hit by a car.

Canadian Husky rescue contacts can be found here:
    http://www.shccrescue.com/
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh the poor thing. I'm so glad your taking care of her. Let us know what happens with her.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

thanks for the link glacier, my mom is checking out the closet places. well so far her name is Honey, I called her that amoungt many other names, when I said honey she looked at me and twitched her ears, so honey it is lol. we cant keep her because my other dogs hate her, she is sleeping outside on the deck tonight, in mistys big wire kennel, wich we have fixed up to protect her from the elements. she is a real sweetheart, and very pretty. we are going to try to get her to te vet tomrow and have her looked over better, but it was to late today, and we cant afford the huge extra fee charged for late fee's, so tomrow we will try to get her in. we gave her some food(kibble from my friends place) she gobbled that up so fast it was funny! I will have pics when I can, my brother crewed up the picture thing, so I can veiw them but thats it.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Just thought of something else...

I am on a husky email list. If you PM me some information on the dog--general location, ect, I can post it to the list and see if anyone knows her. We've been able to reunite several dogs with their people through the emails!

I'm also one of the rescue contacts on that first link I gave you. You can send the info to that address as well.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

thanks. in all likleyhood honey was abandoned given she age(very young but full grown) and that the spot she was found is a very popular drop off spot for unwanted pets(right between 2 citys), and that she was found with no ID at all., anyway Ursala has a foster home availiable for honey, as well as someone is ontario who wants a female siberian husky. but we have to keep her for a few days anyway. I will keep yas updated, I really cant do anything with her before talking to my mom first.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Thanks for saving her!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That's good news. I know Urusla--she ROCKS! Honey will definately be well cared for.
    --John Irving

oh my! poor thing! i hope she turnes out ok! do you have any pics of her?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

and yet another update it seems a while ago someone lost a female siberian husky, so honey could belong to them, if not maybe they can take her anyway lol there is something funny about her eyes though, sort of dark and thick and cloudy looking. she is in the house right now, attaempting to get cozy in the bathroom. she tried to follow me to school this morning and appaenrty started howling after I was gone. she is going to the vet today I think, she badley needs some of those wounds looked at. not to mention her eyes. we wont take her to the shelter because if they dont kill her on the spot(all the injuries and her eyes) they will spay and vaccinate her right away and she is just not in the shape for that right now. right now we can hope that honey belongs to these people.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Huskies are prone to genetic eye problems. She may cataracts. Huskies tend to get them much younger than other breeds. Could be an infection too. Who knows what she's been into while running on her own!

Good luck finding the owner.
    --John Irving

Thank you SO much for saving this precious girl I just saw her pictures...she's gorgeous! Oh, she must be in Husky heaven, there at your home with your family Good luck tomorrow at the vet's! Keep us updated!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~