Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We now have a cat basket...

Okay, photos are in the shop of the cats in the basket. Coming soon to a monitor near your computer. Once I get coordinated, at least.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Yesterday at lunchtime, I was walking down the street with my co-worker and I spotted someone from the grocery store throwing out a HUGE basket. It's one of those large oval ones that grocery stores and farmer's markets use to display fruit. Anyway, I hurried over and grabbed it thinking that this would make the perfect pet bed. It's really large and will fit both cats easily (assuming, that is, that they will sleep in it together). The edge on one side is kind of damaged, but I figure I can make a liner for it that goes over the edge with elastic. That will cover the damaged area. It's really not so bad and it's a lovely basket.
    I took it home and cleaned it up and lined the bottom with a rag rug for the time being. They seemed really curious and did go inside and check it out. I think that they will really appreciate it in the winter, but right now it's kind of warm and they have been napping a lot on the bare floor.
    I'm so happy because I have seen baskets that were much smaller for like forty and fifty bucks! I really scored!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Fantastic! I think your guys will love it when things cool down.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Great find Thelmalu!!! I had a really nice wicker basket when Trevor was a kitten that I used to store magazines in. The operative word is "had." Trevor used to climb in there for napping so I took the magazines out so he could be more comfortable. I began to notice that the basket was getting chewed on. It seems that napping wasn't all that he was doing in that basket. It wasn't very expensive so it didn't really bother me too much. When it got really ratty looking it wound up in the trash. If your basket meets the same fate at least you didn't spend $40! Way to go!

My cat never took en interest in them. but if your cats like em I say go for it
    ~Gray~Lil~Kitty~That~Owns~The~World~

I have two "kitty kups" that I got out of a catalogue many years ago. They're plush, bowl-shaped beds. All of my cats that I have had since having the kups have slept in them, at least from time to time. But there have always been the ones that just love them - of the two tuxes and two stripes I have now, the two stripes are always in them, sometimes both of them in one. They like them so well, they have been known to curl up in them even when I have them in odd places - like on the coffee table when I'm picking up to get ready to vacuum! My son was kicking around the room once (practicing his hand stands! ) and knocked one of them into the other. A while later there was Pepper, sound to sleep on top of the "stack"! They'll sleep in them when they get knocked over on their sides (kinda like sleeping in a tent!) and have even been known to sleep on top of them when they are completely upside down! They just love those kups!

My hubby got a new race seat for his race car and he brought it inside until it was to be installed in the car. It's a sort of "bucket" seat, it looks like an oversized baby seat. Well within about an hour, there was a curled up kitty in it - of course! We were joking that maybe now Jake will go racing if he wants to keep his spot!

oooh! I bet Noah would love a basket! Great idea!! Thanks!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

View of Livvy in a basket:

{How long did it take her to get that film processed? -- Shocking! }

View of Cassy in a basket (same comment as above! ) :

Hee, Hee! What cuties!
    Elvis LOOOOOVES his basket too. I put it next to the heater and lined it with an old blanket, so he's in Heaven! He doesn't even let Danny get in there with him, and the basket's definitely big enough!
    He's just a little possessive!

Ooh, I'd love to see a picture of "The King" in his basket. Could you post one?

Oh Cassy and Livvy are sooooo adorable! how proud you must be, they are too cute in their baskets.

AmberLee,
    Next time I'm taking pics of them, I'll be sure to get a basket shot. For now, here's El with his favorite catnip toy.

Wow, Thelma ... Elvis is QUITE the looker! He is living up to his famous name ...

Dianne