Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The weridest thing your cat has played with

Bo gets in my computer chair every time I'm ready to go sit in it....she doesn't like to be spun around, but will stretch out all the way 'til she practically falls off and meow piteously for me to pet her and rub her tummy. She'll sit there for close to 20 minutes if I pet her long enough.

Former User Guest
    We don't know what went thru our humans mind when they bought us a toy that is meant for d**'s, hello humans, we're cats
    anyways, have to admit though that the toy is bunch of fun. I guess our humans agree, they have fun when they see me Casper carrying it around in my mouth, although it's a bit too big for me, arf...ummm... I meant meow of course

Hello!

My cats have played with many things. Both Sparky and Stumpy love playing with bubbles. this one day, I came home from a wedding (where they gave the guests a small bell full of bubble solution to blow as the couple came out of the church)...When I got home I was blowing bubbles and the cats came up to investigate.

Another time, I came back from the store and had bought a few of those air freshening candles. I had one lit up in the bathroom. Apparently, Sparky spotted the lit candle and went to check it out. He then picked a fight with the candle.

Cynna

Cynna - LOL! I'm glad he didn't get burned - I had a silly guy actually SNIFF a candle flame! He wasn't hurt, though, thank goodness.

Max once decided to jump on the DR table as his human's TRIED to enjoy a candlelit dinner for TWO (which two is debatable to Max).

Although we discouraged this behavior from day one, Max's rule of the house is that there are no rules - so he goes where he pleases and WE hope no one else witnesses this act...ANYWAY, he came up to investigate food type etc. and all of the sudden the tip of his tail ever so slightly brushed over the flame -- It happened so fast the human's couldn't prevent it but luckily, we were right there to avoid a flaming tail! It singed a few hairs, but Max never even noticed it or the beads of sweat pouring off his human's!

Max's folks, I had forgotten about a similar incident I had with Cosmo, who had a big, busy tail. He, also, had his own rules and was on the coffee table when his tail passed through the flaming candle. I was horrified to see it catch fire, so I reached for him. He thought I was reaching for him to throw him off the table, so he ran, so I ran after him, so he ran faster, all the while the flames shooting off his tail! I can laugh now, but believe me, I was not laughing then! I don't even remember how it was resolved now, but fortunately his tail was so hariy the fire never went down to his skin.

These last stories remind me of something that happened many years ago. I had a cat then who everytime we would cook something she liked she would guard the pots and pans until that thing came out and we gave ehr some (she did not particularly like cat food, she liked practically everything else). One day we were cooking a chicken and she was so busy guarding the pot that she rested her tail on the flame. When she hear me scream and throw a towel around her she got scared and started running all over the place. The whole thing lasted only a few seconds and the did not even get the slightest burn, I think that what scared her most was my reaction

Former User Guest
    We have found a new 'toy' to play with...and that's litterbox stones! Our humans don't like it at all but we're having the time of our lives with those! First we go in the litterbox and punch stones out on the carpet outside the litterbox. We make sure we punch plenty at one go so there's enought to play with. Then when we're playing with those stones, our humans are moaning that we're messing again, and they will come and pick the stones away Yeah, like we care we go and punch more stones and so we can play again. Now though, we've heard the humans talking about putting a door in our litterbox. A DOOR! That's no fun is it? Let's see what happens then...

Casper and Kitty...you two are SOOOO cute!! I would love to see you playing with your kitty litter, only to find your mommy or daddy take it away...we can be mean sometimes huh?

My baby Noah likes to play with the neighbor's dog. He likes to chase the dog (Noah is only 4 months old ) and get his tail! Silly kitten!

Hope you have fun and can find something else to play with...I've heard that digging in potted plants is fun...ha ha
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Max's human,

Noah steals all my hair things too!! Only, I find them in pieces all over the apartment!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hi well the weirdest thing my cats ever played with is my fiber obtic light he likes to attack it

AmandaERichter

My Bluepoint Siamese (Frisco) loves stuffed animals which are about 3 times his size. He gets into the closet, gets one and drags it all over the house. He also likes anything a bit fuzzy like the throws on my couch - usually find them halfway up the stairs and pillows - he loves to drag the pillows all over.

Former User Guest
    Not the weirdest maybe, but the ugliest... their own piece of...poop!
    Casper did that once, and we didn't find it funny at all. Apparantely he had done the job in the morning, and then the poop was hard enough to be played with later that day, so he just punched it outside the litterbox, and was punching it then on the floor...YUCK!!! Needless to say that we found it very disgusting. Luckily since then, they play with other stuff.

Ritz likes to jump inside boxes, baskets, bags...grocery day is a hoot...we put the plastic bags on the floor and she jumps into it like kids into a pile of autumn leaves... After the fun, I always put them away so she cannot hurt or suffocate herself.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

I remember one morning my spouse and I were having coffee in late October when, suddenly,through the living room door, came a bath towel scooting into the kitchen. Ritzy was under it, pushing it along, jumping up and down.....a Halloweeen costume, perhaps? Green terrycloth ghost. Still makes me laugh.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"