Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Declawing horror story

Declawing horror story

Wish you could see the pictures from TV - this kitten is orange and white, and absolutely adorable.
    Abused Kitten Has Rescuers Searching For Culprit

Surgeons To Determine Whether Paws Can Be Saved

UPDATED: 2:20 pm EDT June 8, 2004

An abused kitten found in Pontiac has animal welfare workers searching for the person responsible.

Saint, an eight-week old kitten, will have surgery Tuesday after someone tried to declaw it, damaging its paws, according to a report in The Oakland Press. Surgeons will reportedly determine whether the kitten's paws can be saved, or if its paws or knuckles will be amputated.

An anonymous person called the Michigan Animal Rescue League in Pontiac about the kitten on June 5, according to the report. It was reportedly found crying in a field near Sarasota Street.

Rescuers believe someone tried to cut off Saint's claws with a sharp object.

"When we first saw this, we thought he'd been hit by a lawn mower," Kayla Allen, the manager of the animal rescue league, told the paper.

The rescue workers said the public has responded with offers of adoption after hearing about the kitten. The shelter is currently seeking donations to pay for the kitten's care.

The kitten's current caregiver at the shelter, Carmel Herpel, said they see animal abuse cases all the time, but this one is different.

"It is just so brutal," Herpel said.

Anyone with information on the abuse or who would like to make a donation should contact the shelter at (248) 335-9290.
    Personally, I feel the punishment should fit the crime. and I'd like to have the first wack!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Re: Declawing horror story

Originally posted by Grace
    Wish you could see the pictures from TV - this kitten is orange and white, and absolutely adorable.

Personally, I feel the punishment should fit the crime. and I'd like to have the first wack!
    I'm in line for the second and third whack! I'll bring some plyers too...declaw the piece of excrement responsible for multilating the poor baby.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Ditto!!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Oh goody - we can have a plyer-party!!

On the 6 PM news, they said there is gangrene present in one paw. Both front paws are heavily wrapped, but he is bopping around. Amputation was mentioned.

The wife of the Vet has already put first dibs on him, if he makes it through this.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Please keep us posted on the baby. Hope the little guy makes it through this.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Assholes!!

You're right. The punishment should fit the crime. Cut the buggers hands off.

Poor baby kitty!!!

I have garden shears... can I get the thumbs???
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH. why would someone do this to that poor baby?! Id like to chop the evil doers head off, after I pull his fingers off so he can suffer first.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Anything sharp would be too good for the jerk who hurt that poor baby. I like the idea of whacking it several million times with a blunt instrument until the fingers are finally severed. Each one of us could then get our very own turn to give it to him!

God will deal with this senseless and heartless person.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

From Decker with Love

I'd love to have the next whack and I don't mean feet or hands!!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I get the twenty whacks after you, slick.

I don't understand what pushes people to comit such inearthly crimes like this. It makes me sick to my stomach, and sad that these people don't get a worse punishment. If you hit a child, or cut of it's fingers, you get pretty much a nice long time in a jail cell. How is this man being punished? He ISN'T EVEN BEING punished yet. An animal is a responsibility, and like a child. Take care of it or don't get one.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I would cover that Scum , with beef gravy , and let him loose , with Hunngry cats! That ius the worst thing that I have heard! The Found cats , Strays and Feeder are Praying That They can help this little Orangie! Please keep , us informed!And if I can get an address , and it will help , there will be AWA Mice ,for this Poor Little Angel!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sigh, people are sick, they really really are. If they can do this to an animal, what are they capable of doing to a child? People like that should be found and sterilized.