Thread: My "Stupid People Rant"

My "Stupid People Rant"

GRRRRR...

I was talking to one of the parents from my daughter's soccer team. He was commenting on how nice my boys were (of course Pouncer was hamming it up and just melting in his arms ) and he was telling me about his 4 cats - all outdoor cats... but I think they have access to a barn. I asked if their fixed and he said, all but one, and she just had kittens. Well, not to argue with him, I left it alone. I mentioned being fixed earlier (I'll get to THAT) and I knew bringing it up again would be pointless. Besides, the guy is a truly nice guy, just clueless.

We were talking about outdoor cats and the problems of not being spayed or nuetered and he mentioned his neighbor down the road - they have 130 cats!!! NONE are fixed. I said, "but those cats will number 300 next year." And he said "God has a way of dealing with that" HUH? I He said, "well they are out in the country so there's little to no traffic, but theres a lot of disease that takes care of the population!!!

What is this farmer doing? Burying two or three cats a week? Letting them rot? I am so disgusted. Its not the guy-who-I-was-talking-to's fault because he's not the farmer with the cats... but it is in a way because he could contact the proper authorites and have the cats properly cared for.

What can I do? I think this is a super nice guy, who loves the 4 cats he has, but doesn;t truly understand what you do with cats. He is a country boy and I've gotten the feeling that that is the country mentality.

I would report that to your local animal control people. There is not much else you can do but that kind of population is out of control! No one - not even country people are allowed that many cats I am sure of it!

Its pathetic what people come up with relating to excuses for their own irresponsibilty. I mean those cats could be carriers of diseases that affect humans too! I could just imagine what would happen if a child was given a kitten and it not being tested only to find out it had FIV or some other such disease.

Sorry just makes me mad.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Sadly that is a Country mentality , as my Grand father , a Good Man , always had Cats , in the Barn , and quite frankly , to him they were disposeable!They dont ahve the same feelings for Aniamls , that City people do , as they have to make a living , from the animals , and we dont! But someone should round , up the Kittens and at least have them spayed , and neutered!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree with you ... this is the mentality of SOME country folk. I definitely think the proper authorities need to be called to take a visit to this "cat farm"!!!