Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirsten is in the hospital

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, but hope you are starting to feel better Kristen. We'll be thinking of you.

Kirsten, I'm glad that your surgery went well but I'm sorry that you're feeling poorly. I'm sending you lots of prayers and positive vibes and also some cyber hugs. Storm, Sunny, Cirrus, and Sky are sending you headbumpies and hugs too. Please take care and get well soon. {{{HUGS}}}

Kirsten I'm hoping as the days go by you're feeling just that little bit better - still holding you in my prayers and thoughts {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I spoke to Kirsten a little while ago. She's being SO brave! She can walk around a little bit, but still has problems with numbness in the left leg and foot. And she's bored!! All she can do is watch TV, read and eat.

Oh, she did start physiotherapy - I forgot to ask what time of day that is, and for how long. She expect to be staying in hospital for 2-3 weeks, and then move on to a rehap place for another 3-4 weeks. I suggested she should try to get a laptop when she gets there, and she will. She misses PT - and especially Luna and Lily!! Her good friend and neighbor is looking after them.

Poor Luna has got crystals in her bladder, the medicine didn't seem to work, and the medicine she got last year is not available in Germany anymore. It's a problem because Luna and Lily usually share their food - that is, when Luna/Lily has eaten a bit of her own, she digs in to the others' food bowl. That has to stop!! But I can see it's an even bigger problem now that Kirsten is not there with them.

Kirsten is so happy for the cards and phonecalls she gets, and she asked me to say Hello to you all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

UV, when you next speak to Kirsten please tell her she is still in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope she is feeling better. I'll try to call her again in a few days, but I have to watch the phone bill

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh Kirsten, I do hope you're doing better today! It sounds like it's going to be a long recovery, but once it's all over you'll be better than new!

How worrisome that Luna has the crystals again and you're not able to be there with her. Poor kitty and poor you.

But do everything the doctors tell you and before you know it you'll be home again with your girls.

{{{hugs}}} to you and good thoughts and prayers going out from Chicago.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Kirsten

Here's ((((HUGS)))) from me (gently) and headbumps from Nikki & Daisy. Kirsten, hang in there and do everything the doctors tell you. You are such a sweet lady.

Can someone PM me her address?

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Can someone PM me her address?

Done

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Thanks for the update and link, Randi!

Kirsten, I hope you are still getting the posts read to you. I have had you on mind and wanted to say hello and to let you know that I am keeping you in my prayers! I know those two little nurses are ready to see you and help you get well!!!

Love,
    Logan

Kirsten,

Cassy and Livvy got into 'Purr Contest' last night and I think it was to send you encouragement over the miles. Good luck with the therapy and we hope that you are home with your little furry nurses soon. {{{hugs!}}}

A.L.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Kirsten, Pouncer, Allen and I are still thinking about you. I'm glad to hear that the surgery is over and that you are walking around already! I'm sorry to hear that you are bored!

Please hurry up and get better so you can come back to us! (That wasn't too selfish, was it?) We miss you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Originally posted by catnapper
    Kirsten, Pouncer, Allen and I are still thinking about you. I'm glad to hear that the surgery is over and that you are walking around already! I'm sorry to hear that you are bored!

Please hurry up and get better so you can come back to us! (That wasn't too selfish, was it?) We miss you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    Nikki, Daisy, and I second that motion! Just concentrate on your therapy and do what the therapist tells you. I know it's boring, but hang in there!!

I am so happy to hear the surgery is over with. Now the main thing is to do what the doctors tell you to do. Take it easy, and get well so you can come back to us.

My gang and I sends you lots of hugs and good vibes!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Prayers and thoughts sent to Kirsten. I hope she returns home soon to Lily and Luna and feels much better!

Lisa & Sash