Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirsten is in the hospital

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    {{{{{{{{{{KIRSTEN}}}}}}}}}}}}}} (Ooh, I hope I didn't squeeze too hard!) I'm glad your surgery went well and that it is over so let the healing begin. From having had many surgeries (9 with breast cancer and one back surgery) I know from experience that for whatever reason the third day after surgery is always the worst. So just know that this too shall pass and that you will recover from this. Everyone is different in how they heal, the "secret" for a good result is to follow your doctor's instructions TO THE LETTER, even if you don't want to and it seems stupid, just do it. I was back to work two weeks after my back surgey a few years ago, although mine was much less of a big deal than yours (cyst pushing on a nerve in the spinal column). Best wishes for a speedy recovery! The M's say get well soon too!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    I just spoke to her!
    Oh! Good for you Julie! (Julie gave me the idea in the first place when I got to call ) I am so glad to hear this!

Oh, Kirsten, I'm sorry you are having a rough day today, but you have certainly been in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, please. You have two lovely ladies waiting to "nurse" you when you get home again, and many, many friends, around the world, who are thinking of you and praying for a full recovery! What in the world would we do without you, Kirsten???

Much love and many prayers from our home to you.

Logan, Lilly, Honey, Murphy, Zipper, Butter, Mimi, Roger, Milly and Babies # 1, #2 and #3 (Cockatiel babies!!!! )

Kirsten - Hope you are starting to feel better!

Here is a great big mrrrroooow from Tito:

See, there he is meowing for you!!mrrrroooow

Hospitals suck but with any luck you will be out of there soon and back to your kitties. Stay positive and work on getting better!!

Kirsten,
    Everyone is right! We all heal at different speeds. Remember that the WORST is behind you (hey, there is a pun there, if you think of it...your back is sore, and it is behind you). So, maybe the recovery is a bit slower than YOU had anticipated, but, I am sure it is within the norm, overall.

The most important thing is that you had the sir jury, and are recovering. Slow, fast, medium, whatever it is, remember you have lots of people praying for you, a wonderful friend in UV, and two little bundles of fur at home anxiously awaiting your homecoming. Rest up!
    Johanna

Oh Kirsten {{{{Hugs}}}} sweetheart - sorry you're feeling a bit 'down in the dumps'. It could be as a result of the anesthetic.
    Pleased the Sir Jury went well - I suppose the hard work starts now with the physio., you can do this - don't give up - slow and steady wins the race.

Keeping you in my prayers - especially tonight when I light my Monday night candle.

Lynne
    Last edited by lynnestankard; 06-08-2004 at 11:58 AM.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Lieb Kirsten,
    Ich wolle versuchen Deutsch zu schreiben. Ich bin traurig du bist krank. Ich hoffe das du ist besser bald. Ich hoffe das deine Lily und Luna bald sehen. Wir verpasst du an PT. Tenna is eine gute freundin, ja? Sie schreibt uns wie geht mit du. Meine Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut! Vielleicht wird es du lachst machen! Liebe, Debbie

Dear Kirsten;
    You have been and will remain in my prayers. I'm so glad that your surgery went well. Please feel better soon...

KIRSTEN, if the first ((((HUGS)))) wore off, I'm sending a fresh batch from my gang! I'll be nice & gentle. Follow every word of advice that the doctors give you and you'll be reunited with Lily & Luna!

Thank God that your surgery went well, Kirsten! I am sorry that you are in so much pain right now, but just hang in there ... it will get better!!! (I know ... easy for ME to say, huh?)

We all love ya here at PT!!!

((gentle Hugs))

Kim

Kirsten, I'm sorry you're feeling low, but trust me, you'll be fine within a a few weeks. OK, maybe 3! It may seem a long time, especially if you're in pain!! Demand all the drugs there is! .... and don't put up with any snoring roommates!

I'm glad you're already starting the physiotherapy, you can bet that will help!! I've tried it! Slowly but steady and you'll be back with us before you know! Use the time to read what you always wanted!

Kirsten, I've been in hospial for 5 weeks (with a one week break) and I know how long it feels, but think about your painfree back, and your kitties waiting for you! We're all sending positive vibes to get you out of there, but not until you're OK girl!!

Hugs from us - and purrs from Fister!

Will give you a call tomorrow after lunch! If you out exersising, I'll try again the day after.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Starting a list of things to send Kirsten:

Big {{{hug}}}, not too squeezy quite yet

>^._.^< Purrs and headbumpies from Cassy

~~~ Warm California healing vibes ~~~, lotsa them!!!

>^._.^< Snugglies and love nibblies from Livvy

A heart full of prayers that she's feeling better fast

Enough hope, love, and laughter to hold her while she's restocking her supply

Better get these off in the mail fast while they are fresh!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Gentle hugs to you!

Still thinking of you and hope you get better soon

Every day the pain will be less and you'll be feeling better.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Big strong Swedish hugs being sent your way, for when you are not hurting, that is! Until know, we send little brown bunnie nose-bumps. Miss Hoppy suggested that perahps if you had bitten the doctor, and the nurse, too you would feel better, but I tried - in vain as always - to explain that injury the medical/vetrinary professionals is NOT a good thing!

We will keep you in our prayers.

I am so sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain and feeling down in the dumps, but in a few days things will get better and it is such a good sign that the numbness is wearing off in your leg and foot.
    I hope your physio goes well and doesn't cause you too much pain.
    (((((HUGS))))) to you Kirsten and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 06-07-2004 at 09:05 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010