Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Reading?

What Book Are You Reading?

I know this has been done, but I thought I would start it back up again.

I love to read. Mostly fiction so I can escape a little bit. I seem to go in phases though. I'll read like crazy and then I won't read anything for some time.

I just started "The Lake House" by James Patterson. I got this book from Amy or Staci at one of the pet talk meetings. Thanks guys! Its pretty good so far and has me hooked right from the beginning. I recommend that you read "When The Wind Blows" first. Good Book. I'm getting ready to curl up on the couch and read and thats what made me think of the question.

I think the last book that I read was "Faking It" by Jennifer Cruisie. Good easy read that made me smile. This is the first book by this author that I have read. It turns out that she lives in Columbus, Ohio. Not too far from where I live. The book was based around that area and there where alot of references to places that I knew. I loved that!

So, what book are you reading? Also, what books do you recommend?

Robin

I read everything by Dennis LeHane and think he is terrific. Saw the movie "Mystic River" and am waiting for the movie version of "Shutter Island" which is, IMO, his BEST novel!

I also ready EVERYTHING by Patricia Cornwell, Robin Cook, Mary Higgins Clark and Karin Slaughter

Last book I read was "Stone Monkey" by Jeffery Deaver (also love the Lincoln Rhyme series by Deaver and this is one of them)

None.

I hardly ever read books.

I only read novels.
    Last edited by Kfamr; 06-04-2004 at 08:28 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I love to read too.

Right now im reading for the 2nd time is "The Outsiders". We read it in school, and Im just hooked on this book! Its really great. It's really sad in some parts, and funny in some. I also saw the movie at school, and now Im hunting every movie store to find it.

I just finished one that was really good called "cold Fet" I can;t find the bok right now, but will so that I can tell you who wrote it! It was a murder mystery (just about all I read) and was very exciting. For once I didn't guess who dunnit!

The Lake House... is the the sequel to the one about the bird-girl? I liked the first one, though hubby laughed at me the whole time I read it telling me it was such a stupid concept.

My driving manual.

I'm also reading "The Ultimate Guide to Dog Training" as well as "A Walk To Remember". Both are great books!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Right now I am reading The DaVinci Code. I'm not very far in it yet.

"When the Wind Blows" is one of my favorites. Thats why one of my cockatiels is named max. "The lake house" is good to. One day I will have birds named Peter, Wendy, Matthew, Ozamadias (sp), and Icarias (sp).

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    Right now I am reading The DaVinci Code. I'm not very far in it yet.
    Hey, my dad is reading it. He said it's good so far

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    "A Walk To Remember". Both are great books!
    YES! That book is AWESOME! So much better than the movie!! I think it will be one that I actually buy if I ever see it at the store. I *HIGHLY* recommend it!!

I'm reading "Circus Fire" by Stewart O'Nan. It's an accounting of the 1944 Hartford Circus Fire. I started reading it on the plane on my way to CT last night. VERY interesting!!! Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey Circus has had MORE fires where MANY animals perished before 1944. I can't put it down!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm reading Shirley MacLaine's Out on a leash, about the love she share's with her dog Terry. I love biographies.

Lisa & Sash

http://pages.ivillage.com/lisalee992 (Sash's website)

I LOVE to read. I'm averaging a book a week right now, but that will change soon when school starts.

I'm currently reading Marian Keyes' Rachel's Holidday. Its my third book by her and I love her writing. Its totally girl reading...not too intense, funny and totally real! I love it!

I'm half way into the last book in the "Left Behind" series and I hate it! I read the first ten and this one is really not good.

My friend is reading The DaVinci Code, it sounds really good...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by KBlaix
    "When the Wind Blows" is one of my favorites. Thats why one of my cockatiels is named max. "The lake house" is good to. One day I will have birds named Peter, Wendy, Matthew, Ozamadias (sp), and Icarias (sp).
    That is so cool! Great names.

Robin

Everyone's books sound interesting. I'll have to check some of them out.

Except for yours, Kay Ann! Those novels you read....very boring!

Robin