Thread: Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Are your eyes closed?

Here's the transformation of my daughter's room...

I'll do a before picture and then an after of the same area.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
    (We kept the fish towel hanger as a reminder of what was once there )

More various pics of after:

Whew! that was a lot of hardwork to get done! I spent MORE time on those darn stripes than I did painting those dolphins! Its no longer a little girls' room and now a teenager's haven! It fits her personailty to a tee and she's thrilled!

All accessories (including blankets and pillows) were hers already. The only new stuff were dollar store frames for the medals, a large blue area rug ($34 at the carpet warehouse!)and Home Depot oops paint. I don't even think I spent $100 for everything - including new paint brushes and a dozen rolls of masking tape .

I played "Trading Spaces" with her and wouldn't let her see anything until it was done. Bwahahahaha. Now my other daughter is jealous! Figures!

Oh, I love it!! What color of blue is that? I love it, I am wanting to repaint some of our rooms, I just can't decide what colors to use.

Our bedroom is just awful right now, I rearranged the bedroom and also had to redo the pictures, yeap, you guessed it, a different color behind the pictures!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Much more "grown up" looking now! But I actually liked the before pictures too!!!! Great work! I'm not letting either of my daughters see it or they will expect great things from me! Both of them have cathedral ceilings in their bedrooms and I don't want to paint that high!!!!

Wow, you did great! I also like both the before and after pics. What a lucky daughter you have. I love all the trophy and medals. I'll bet she is proud of those.

You are so talented! Can you come and redo my whole house. It is in desperate need of some decorating.

Robin

Wow, great job. It looks great!!

Want to come work in my house? Some rooms could be a blank canvas for you.

From Decker with Love

How cool! (Although I was very impressed with undersea mural too). I recently painted my daughter's bedroom with wild stripes! I will attach a pic.

Amanda is 15.

Kim, Great Job!

kimlovescats and catnapper, your daughters are both very lucky girls!

Now, will you guys please get over here and start to work on my rooms. All of them! I have a very small house. It shouldn't take the two of you together very long

Forget re-doing my room, want to adopt me?

We just re-did my room but it'd be nice to have something more interesting.

Great job, the both of you. I did like the dolphins though.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

i love the strips on both room! ar ethose trophies soccer trophies? i looooove second room you posted, the pink/orangeish color. those are my favorite color combinations. you can adopt me too! i'm a good kid! really!

Kim, wow... and here I thought stripes would be different I love the colors you used. I am crazy about all those warm vibrant colors. My daughter's 14, so they are close in age. I was planning on doing the room in july, but there's a soccer tournament ten minutes away and half the team is spending the weekend here since they live 2 or 3 hours away. (The team is comprised of the best players in the area and it stretches from here to Hershey ---chocolate!!!--- to Harrisburg and out further.) She asked me if I could re-do it so that it would look better to her team mates.

That brings me to RobiLee... she is a superb soccer player and plays for three different teams. She is on a select premier team that is phenominal, along with a regular premier team, a school team and she guest plays whenever other teams need her. Needless to say, we're busy with her! She lives and breathes soccer.

Here's a photo of her from last weekend tournament in Williamsburg, Virgina:

Also Robilee... want to pay for my trip out and house me for the duration of the painting, I'd love to come and play with paint in your house!

You both did great! If I can ever get my theme into plans, I'll have a beautiful room. I've got some Indian Sari fabric that I'm going to use. Also have lavender satin and sheer curtains. Have already picked out the paint color. Just need to get motivated. Still need new comforter and sheets.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

It looks great. You did a wonderfull job with the painting.

I bet your Daughter loves it.

Again it looks great.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Both of you did wonderful jobs! Wow that's a lot of work! Your girls are sure lucky to have such imaginative and talented Moms .

I'd LOVE to do some redecorating in my house. It's basically been the same here since we moved in and some rooms desperately need some work, but so far we have put all our money, time and efforts into the yard. Hence all the yard pics I post from time to time
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

That looks great!! Very teenager-ish and modern!!!

Kim, your daughter's room looks great too!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.