Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD, BAD, BAD Noel!!!!! (BAD!!!)

BAD, BAD, BAD Noel!!!!! (BAD!!!)

I about had a heart attack!!! Noel just escaped about an hour and a half ago!!!!!

I was online when I heard a rip and the sound of Livvy's cage being jumped on. Yep, Noel jumped out the window THROUGH the screen and onto Livvy's cage.
    *see pic:

That's not all. She ran to the opposite end of the cage, where there is NO LEDGE and a TWO STORY DROP, onto CONCRETE!!!!

When I jumped over the railing, with hotdogs to entice her towards me, she ran the opposite way, back towards the screen door, couldn't get in because I closed it (so I wouldn't have five more escapees) and ran back to the far end (SCARY, BAD END) of the balcony! She then proceded to jump into the 6 inch gap between the wall and Livvy's cage and got STUCK!!!
    *see pic, that dirty, pine needle covered area to the left:

I didn't know what to do. I called work and they told me to move the cage...yea, no....I can lift it, it weighs a ton! David told me to sit and watch her until he gets home at 6:30 (only 2 hours). So, I called my father-in-law to come cut Livvy's cage and to bring something to fix it with.

While I sat there trying to get Noel back on to the scary ledge where I could try again to grab her, she looked at the other window. I ran inside and pulled the screen off that window and begged her to squeeze herself into the 4 inch gap. She tried, but didn't want to squeeze. For about 20 minutes I begged, petted, rattled toys, gave treats until she got mad at not being able to get in when she wanted to and jumped! I grabbed her and pulled her through and finally she's in!!!

Basie and Phoebe playing with the screen:

She was upset at the whole ordeal...and thinks she's totally innocent. I guess I'll be investigating metal screens now.

"What mom??? It was totally traumatic for ME!! Don't be so dramatic!!!"

Of course, as soon as she jumped in and ran to the bedroom, my father-in-law arrives....

Brat!!! If I could drink, I'd be ready for some wine!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

"Jeeesshhh! I sure am tired after all that drama!!!"
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Poor baby, had a bad experience as did you! I am so happy you were finally able to get her back inside where it is safe.

Sorry you had such a scary day.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I agree with you on this one Kelly!
    NAWTEE NAWTEE - no..BAD BAD BAD GIRL NOEL!!!

How about some Rescue Remedy for Meowmie???? A few drops under the tongue! QUICKLY and go lay down - or better yet, finish off the whole bottle!

aww poor little girl!
    oops I mean bad bad kitty!!
    lol I hope she's alright
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Oh my goodness.... I sure am sorry that Noel put you through such a scare!!! Bad kitty for sure!!! But then again, I am very relieved that our sweet little Noel is back where she belongs and unharmed!!! Hugs to mommy and Noel both!!!

Bad, bad girl!

I'm horrified at your antics, young lady! How dare you scare your family like that!

I'm glad you're back safe and sound. No outings for you for a long time!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thank Goodness she's safe. I won't let my kitties in the open window upstairs for just this reason. Hubby thinks I'm overprotective, but reading your post makes me realize that it's the safest way.

You had a scary afternoon. Glad everything is okay now.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

What a scare! I'm glad everything ended well.

Sounds like metal screens might be a good idea.

From Decker with Love

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Metal screens do work! I had to replace all mine a few years ago with metal. I woke up to several escapees a few years ago. I came close to having a heart attack when I couldn't find Amy. She had done the escape routine another time but was always right nearby. I had to head up to the shelter to pick a cat up that was going to be euthanised, and made a quick stop for some supplies at Wal-Mart first. I had a friend with me, and I headed out to load the car up when I heard a meow. I nearly died when I looked around for the source of the noise and found Amy under my car in the parking lot! She had rode several miles under the car going at speeds upward of 40 MPH and it's a miracle she didn't fall off and get killed. My friend finally came sauntering out and I was frantic at that point and needed to get Amy safe. I did thank God, and shortly after replaced those crummy screens! Good thing Noel taught you about cheap screens, Amy taught me!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

WOW~~
    What an ordeal!! Bad Noel!!
    Your supposed to be a good girl!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Noel don't you EVER do that to your mommy again!!!

I'm so happy to hear she's safe.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh my goodness, that little stinker pot! Noel, you did a nawtee thing scaring your mommy and putting yourself in danger. I am very glad to hear she and you are ok though!
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Another Thank God , that Noel is all right! My Little RB Pouncer , also a tortie , used to sneak outon the Apartment balcony ,and visit the other Balconies! I wasalways afraid , that she would either fall , or be hurt , but she always came back , after I had many anxious moments! CATS!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS