Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy from Petco!!

Don't buy from Petco!!

http://www.petcocruelty.com/fiscalreport.html

it's evil, cruel, and mean!!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

You will probly find this Thread interesting

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...5&pagenumber=1

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Lets try to remember every store is different. While one might be cruel and inhumane, the other could be just fine. I guess it just all about the employees and management.

My mother works at Chick-Fil-A. The one where she works has wonderful service, great employess, and is clean. While, i've seen other Chick-Fil-A's the complete opposite.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well I've seen the in Illinois when I was younger and they are not so great!
    I don't go there anyway...
    anyone ever heard of Brants?
    Their great!!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I've never been to Petco, I'm not sure if there's one close here. But, many members of this board work there or have worked there.

-rx bandits

I go to Petco and its by far, the best pet store in my area. The animals are always very healthy, very active. They have a proper diet, clean cages, and knowledgable employees. Now at Petsmart, on the otherhand, I have seen unweaned baby birds for sale. I have seen incredibly sick birds that had labored breathing, closed eyes, and looked as if they needed vet care immediately. NEVER have I seen anything like that at Petco. I hardly ever shop at Petsmart because it hurts so bad to see sick animals like that. I know there are good Petsmarts too, but my point in saying this is that it really depends on the store. With chains as big as Petco and Petsmart, they have hundreds or thousands of stores throughout the country. Of that many stores, it is obvious that some will be bad. I have been to 6 Petcos, 3 in my home state, and 3 in other states, and from my experience, they have all been excellent. I love Petco, have always shopped there, and always will.

In agreeance with most in here, I say judge the store on the store, not the name. I stated this in the other thread, but, I usually choose Petsmart over Petco, simply because they are the better store around here, I think. I wouldn't ban Petco simply because of a few bad apples. Just don't shop at the "bad apples."

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Originally posted by Kfamr

My mother works at Chick-Fil-A. The one where she works has wonderful service, great employess, and is clean. While, i've seen other Chick-Fil-A's the complete opposite.
    (off topic)
    Their waffle fries and chicken nuggets are the best!!!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    (off topic)
    Their waffle fries and chicken nuggets are the best!!!!!

And I get them for free.

-rx bandits

I don't know of any Petco store in Indiana that sells animals.
    They do however offer free space to all animal shelters & the
    city animal control where dogs & cats can be adopted.

The pricing is about the same as PetsMart, but PetsMart is
    closer, so I shop there. (Smokey had puppy classes there too)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've never been to a petco in Indiana....I don't think there is even one by me.....
    Last edited by animal_rescue; 06-04-2004 at 12:11 AM.

More Petco bashing...

I've worked at Petco for almost 2 years and haven't seen any problems with the way they care for their animals. You can't judge an entire chain of stores because of a few stores. Corporate comes and inspects our store ALL THE TIME.

I also shop at Petsmart and the only difference in price I've noticed is between treats. The treats are cheaper at Petsmart but most other items are the same. The Petco here has items on clearance/sale all the time too, and Petsmart never does.

I also work at Petco. Our store is VERY clean. I have though seen horrible Petco's in California. Judge the store by themselves, not based on other stores you have seen. Not all Petco's are bad.

The Petcos near us are clean, the staff friendly, and I have never seen sick animals there. One - the Newton/Needham one - has very few animals at all - it's a smaller store right off the highway, so that's probably for the best. On Saturdays the Natick store often hosts rescue groups in their store, the House Rabbit Society, Greyhound Rescues and others.

Like any chain store, I am sure the individual store managers and owners make more of a difference than corporate headquarters does.

our petco has animals, but they aren't purchased, mill animals. they are shelter rescues just looking for a break. They get more exposure in Petco than in the shelter, so I don't see the problem. They have plenty of food and attention and seem well taken care of. With all the children in Petco, they get to play even more than my kitties do!