Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* *grrrrr*

*sigh* *grrrrr*

Ok, so I have a bit of an advice column fetish. I read this one weekly (I guess I just like wallowing in other people's problems!). The first question/problem in today's column just ticked me off, and I had to share it with other people who would find it as maddening as I do. I keep forgetting that there is so much of this sort of thing going on in the world outside of PT...

http://slate.msn.com/id/2100125/

And the really frustrating thing is that isn't one of the worst cases! I suppose a lot of people wouldn't think twice about carting the poor little thing off to a kill shelter... Makes me so depressed....

I don't know how to put into words what I am feeling right now....but I can say this my face is red and my blood pressure is soaring right now.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I have several negative, not nice words running through my head. Hope that woman doesn't treat her kid the way she's treating that poor cat! Hmm my kid is not perfect, I'll get rid of it cause it makes me sick to look at
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Sam , has has issues with spraying , but I love him , and willwork , with him , and JJJ3 can be a pest about hs treats , but I love him , as well , and would no more takehm , to any kind of shelter, than standinmg , on a Train track!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ok, not only is the woman who owns this poor kitty a moron but so is this goofy, and stupid Prudence columnist! She called all of us "unusual" because we care about ill, sick and very lonely cats. The one thing I noticed is that there is an email address for this Prudence woman. I intend to respond to her comments and let her know just how stuffy, and insulting she is. I, and people like me (PTer's) are why this crazy broad can find a no-kill shelter that will care more about this poor kitty than either one of them! The only nice thing I have to say is that a recommendation for a no-kill shelter was the only thing in that whole article that made sense!
    I would like to suggest that we all email *Prudence* and let her know just how distasteful the animal loving people found her response and that she may well loose a lot of readers! If I, or all animal lovers, are "unusual" than I pray to God that one day the whole world will become this way. You know, kind, compassionate, caring, loving unconditionally, and willing to help one with problems!
    OH! I'M SO MAD!!!!!

Yeah, I'd actually forgotten about the slight to animal lovers. I was more hung up on the fact that she called that poor little kitty a "bad egg" or whatever it was she said. When it's so obvious from the stupid owner's description that this cat is, in fact, a little gem who is in desperate need of a decent human and some good veterinary care!

OMG! How stupid can TWO people be?

Am I off my mark, or would this be the same thing:

"Dear Prudence, My husband of three years has this annoying habit of farting, burping and using foul language that I find innapproriate in any setting. Yet he refuses to rein in his habits. I love my husband but these habits are such a turnoff. What can I do? ~Wishing to be burp free

Dear Wishing,
    You should trade him in immediately! Some crazy women actually tolerate this kind of behavior. Please toss away a good marriage over this silly male behavior!"

Originally posted by catnapper
    OMG!
    Am I off my mark, or would this be the same thing:

"Dear Prudence, My husband of three years has this annoying habit of farting, burping and using foul language that I find innapproriate in any setting. Yet he refuses to rein in his habits. I love my husband but these habits are such a turnoff. What can I do? ~Wishing to be burp free

Dear Wishing,
    You should trade him in immediately! Some crazy women actually tolerate this kind of behavior. Please toss away a good marriage over this silly male behavior!"
    *grin* Mm, you might not be too far off the mark. Like I said, I read this column regularly (largely for the pleasure of disagreeing), and she generally seems to be in the "Honor your commitments as long as it makes you happy" camp.

GRRRRR... People like that INFURITATE me!! What a flippin' idiot! I don't know who's worse... the woman for writing and deciding that after 10 yrs her cat irritates her, or the columnist for being a MORON! I mean, did it ever occur to the cat owner that after 10 YEARS your cat is now a senior citizen and may have a few issues?? Personally, I think the pregnant woman is just having a case of raging hormones. Dandruff and the like are so easily taken care of!

Katie is on a rampage and has been attacking everyone else in the house for no good reason... do i toss her out? NO! My girlfriend goes on a rampage and gets cranky and grouchy.... Do I toss her out?? NO! I shudder to think how this woman treats other human beings. God forbid she bring a child into an environment where it will be taught that everything is dispensible. Sick of something? Get rid of it. Tired of committment? Get rid of it. *sigh* Some people just tick me off!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

As much as I like to pick on CCL, I found that I zeroed in on the exact aggravation - the fact that Ms "Prudence" insults caring people as "unusual" who put up with such "bad seed cats". It is insulting. The moron that wrote in...well...no sympathy for her. I like Catnapper's comparison. I also thought about our elderly....
    Good idea to write in to the columnist and I will do so as well
    I am sick and tired of people branding me as weird. They are the weird ones!!!
    edit: my letter-
    Dear Prudence,
    I am writing about your response in today's column, June 3rd - What to do with an adopted animal that's not working out.

I commend you for referring the woman to a no-kill shelter, But, I find it quite offensive that you refer to people who care for these cats as being "unusual". That term is insulting. These are the people who run the no-kill shelters. Also, the cat in question - you refer to as neurotic, if not disturbed and the bad seed of cats. Well, the cat is at least ten years old and thus becoming elderly. Elderly involves changes and certainly this cat is no longer a cute cuddly kitten any longer! That does not make him neurotic or disturbed. The reason that shelters are over-run is because of this attitude that live creatures are so disposable.

In short, good for you to give some helpful advice, but shame on you for the insulting comments to the people who provide the very service you recommend!
    Debbie Harris
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 06-03-2004 at 11:05 AM.

Debbie, Awesome for writing that letter, I couldn't agree more. Ugh, I hate how people think that when something becomes inconvienent its right to just get rid of them. My parents have an 13 yr old dog that has some of the problems that poor kitty has. ELDERLY ANIMALS HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS JUST LIKE ELDERLY PEOPLE, duh. My dad works with this dog and tries to make him as comfortable as possible and I think thats what should be going on with this kitty too. Dad would NEVER concider getting rid of the dog just because he has some problems associated with age. Man, I hope when that lady gets old and she has "problems" that her kids will take her to the shelter! Grrrr, if you can't fathom in your thick head what you need to do when the animal you keep gets older you shouldnt have animals, period. Animals are like accelerated kids, at different stages they have very differing needs that have to be adressed if the animal is to live a happy life.

And to the part about people being "unusual" for caring for a special needs animal:

Ok, are people unusual for caring for special needs childeren? Are people unusual for taking care of special needs adults? With this attude, it seems as if this columnist feels like if you have to go out of your way to help someone, it isn't worth doing and anyone who does it is foolish. Animals deserve the SAME respect (if not more respect sometimes) as people. What a friggen....ggggrrrrrrr argh people like this make me soooo sooo mad.

Sorry bout the long rant...

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

And to the part about people being "unusual" for caring for a special needs animal:
    Ok, are people unusual for caring for special needs childeren? Are people unusual for taking care of special needs adults?
    Have to find some humor I guess. Animals and elderly are two special needs so close to my heart. If that makes me unusual or weird, then I guess I will be happy with that Writing letters is also a very therapeutic outlet for me! I write nearly every week about one thing or another. My lawmakers know me. I like to remind them who pays their salary

The cat drools when it gets it "SCANT" attention...................

I can hardly wait to see what this broad's kid turns out to be....

Four words

See you next Tuesday.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

There are, let us say diplomatically, some unusual people who love any kind of cat ... even one with colitis, arthritis, and dandruff.

That line REALLY maked me mad!!! Yes, some people do LOVE there animals, crazy huh!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Gee I wonder if the woman who wrote in was the woman who dropped my Tucker off in the middle of winter?????

I mean afterall, Tucker is a drooler, always wants your attention, so much that she will claw at your leg if you walk by her. She sneezes snots all over the place and they smell!!!! Has a look that could kill someone if they look at her the wrong way.....

Now do I get rid of Tucker because of all of this.....NO WAY!!! She is my grumpy old lady and I love her more than anyone can know.

I guess I would just have to consider getting rid of the dip sh$# of a woman who wrote in that digusting letter.

and YES MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS STILL SOARING!!!!!

Sorry for the rant.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08