Thread: Abyssinian kittens

Abyssinian kittens

One of my older queens is obviously Abyssinian in breed. Although she is the only cat in this menagerie that shows such traits and temperment. The last litter she had contained Snow Cat ( a color point Siamese), and a black kitten (Jumper) which I did not pay close attention to, until last Sunday, His temperament and appearance is definitely Abyssinian-like! I was curious why she did not produce any Abyssinian look alike and act alike kittens. But appearantly she did and I wasn't watching!

I wish to compare notes with anyone out there who has an Aby kitten, or remembers about their Abys' when they were kittens. First of all Jumper appears Abyssinian,except for being a deep chocolate brown which appears black, and becomes very limp, like a wet rag when I pick him up for some petting. Also his traits are different than the other kittens in that he continually is playing with things and exploring throughout the house. Also, he allows you to be affectionate with him, he seldom comes separately for attention.

This post is a bit long so will cut it off here. Do these personality habits sound like Abyssinian traits?

.............wayne

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

Hi Wayne,
    Cougie's (ruddy aby) kittenhood was fairly active and he would play quite a bit. He was our only cat for his kitten years so he had to entertain himself. He seldom played with the toys we bought him but he loved to run, often getting full speed and bolting across the house (even crashing into walls at times). He was very affectionate too. After turning 1 he stopped playing as much and just decided to watch our other kitten play instead of joining in. He still plays now but not as much and he is about 3 years old now.

Dottos, on him running through the house with Snow Tiger right behind him, and then running into things, like doors and walls01! He seems to be on a never-ending quest for discovery. Both him and his mother will talk to you. Ask them a question and they (especially she) will answer with a "meow". Jumper will start in meowing for no appearant reason, and then only keeps quiet when you answer him.

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]