Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat eat things other than cat food?

Campino loves bugs, he'll go after them for hours. Another cute thing he does is stalk loaves of bread. we keep all the bread on top of the refrigerator, you can see him pacing back and forth looking up at the bread, when you go downstairs for awhile he will jump up and steal the loaf, he will then bring it to you like a present. He will find you and brush up against you and then drop the loaf at your feet. You just can't get angry with him then.

Bobbie -

What makes some cats obsess over the strangest (or, sometimes, most ordinary!) things?

Leah S, I'm not sure about the answer to your question. I have noticed that kittens will usually (temporarily) play at or with some peculiar thing while they are maturing. Also, they will sleep in different places before they will settle down to a usual place or manner of sleeping.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    My furry babies like to come home with their freshly caught snacks: mice and birds. They eat them, preferably in the livingroom. Other than that are butterflies, bugs, cheese, ice cream, mashed potatoes and veggie burgers. They beg as if we never feed them. Lately I was told by my neighbor that they also snack from their pond (I hardly believe this though, knowing how they don't like canned fish or fish snacks).

CC's Mom, How funny that your furkids like mashed potatoes too! Noah LOVES them! My hubby even lets Noah sniff and lick his beer bottle when he drinks it...

I was so proud of Noah when he stalked, killed and ATE a spider! Such a GOOD boy!! (especially since mommy is terrified of them! ) Now whenever I see one, I show it to him and get out of there until I see him licking his lips!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by NoahsMommy:
    <STRONG>
    I was so proud of Noah when he stalked, killed and ATE a spider! Such a GOOD boy!! (especially since mommy is terrified of them! ) </STRONG>
    Me too Kelly! ihate spiders! But luckily got two anxious cats here to get rid of anything that moves on the floor!

YumYum will eat anything she can get into her mouth..like all bugs, plants even fake ones, and so on. Dutchess doesn't do that thank goodness.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

8. Edwina has developed a passion for tavern ham -- which my husband indulges

I am hoping it is short-lived. I tell her she is eating Babe. She says Charlie, Babe... whatever. Too much television is desensitizing her I'm afraid.

my cat Tigger likes grapes, peaches, lettuce, anything that is meat, mom's plants, bugs, carpet ( yum yum ), milk (any dairy products), bread, and probably anything else that he finds on the floor. he's not allowed outside yet but i think he would eat what he catches.

At the moment, Fister is only eating his diet dry food, but otherwise, he will eat flies, corn, green beans, cheese, pieces of cooked ham and whipped cream (if we let him). If he can get hold of some butter or meat or fishsauce, he will lick the platter clean!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My husband and I just let our cats have milk the other night. Yum Yum LOVED it and she drank the whole saucer in one setting. Dutchess could have cared less one way or the other for it.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Bagel adores to drink tea - only out of my cup NOT a saucer!
    They all adore tomato soup!!
    Our late Kisi (RB) used to enjoy licking wine gums out of my hand - wouldn't look at it if I let go!!

Lynne

Mocha eats cheese... the more expensive the better, also she has just discovered BBQ Pork... She is VERY demanding when it comes to treat time... Daddy started it and Daddy buys her the expensive cheese!! Bonzo- likes ovenroasted turkey and butterscotch pudding!

My 4 month old kitten eats baked beans, chick peas, cheese, boiled potatos (loves them), any kind of meat, yoghurt, ice cream, cream topping pumpkin dessert (but it gave him diarrhea), courgets, bread, cakes besides dry cat food

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by ganime
    My 4 month old kitten eats baked beans, chick peas, cheese, boiled potatos (loves them), any kind of meat, yoghurt, ice cream, cream topping pumpkin dessert (but it gave him diarrhea), courgets, bread, cakes besides dry cat food
    LOL, so in other words, everything goes!