Thread: Is your dog a vocal player?

Is your dog a vocal player?

I've come to notice recently how loud Ruby can be when she's playing. I guess I never thought much of it until we moved in with Brock and I saw how quiet he usually is when he plays. She of course has her quiet moments, but for the most part she's really growly (not in an aggressive way). Are anyone else's dogs like this?

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Sometimes when Gigi plays with us, she make growling sound too. Yeah, like I am going to let her chew my hand.
    lol.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

My Lacey is very vocal but my Mandy is not.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

For the most part, Mickey is pretty quiet when he plays but if we're playing soccer or he's chasing something, he'll sometimes growl.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Re: Is your dog a vocal player?

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    I've come to notice recently how loud Ruby can be when she's playing. I guess I never thought much of it until we moved in with Brock and I saw how quiet he usually is when he plays. She of course has her quiet moments, but for the most part she's really growly (not in an aggressive way). Are anyone else's dogs like this?
    Yes, that is how Hannah earned one of her nicknames, i.e. *Snarla*. She also *talks* sometimes when she gets a massage. I love to interpret what she is saying, like *ohhh, more to the left, no, no, up by the back by my tail*.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Tasha is only really vocal when she is playing with me or David, when she plays with Tommy, she mostly just makes noises here and there, little snarls/growls. When she plays with us, it's very loud, excited barking and "vicious" snarls as she nips at our feet.

Tommy is always a vocal player, whether it be with people or with Tasha. Long drawn out growls and groans, interspersed with play barks. Overall he's the most vocal one of the two.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Yup, all of them! Huskies tend to play rough and vocalize alot. It's freaked a few people out as at first it sounds like fighting. I can tell instantly the difference between fighting and playing sounds. My husband always says if there is blood they are fighting, no blood equals just playing!

Chum is probably our most vocal little dude. Part of why he never got adopted is that he is very growly and it can come across as aggressive, until you get to know him. He's not aggressive at all, but when he's playing or just telling stories he sounds like he's going to kill something!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Clover and Elvis are very noisy players, play growling and barking, some people have mistaken them playing as serious fights. LOL

And actualy Penny and Theo are just as noisy, Penny barks ALOT when playing and Theo sounds as if he is trying to kill poor Penny.

It is all fun until someone accidently gets hurt, then the chases around the house begin and the excited barking gets worse. LOL it is a sight to see.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Ask anyone at the Findlay dog park.. YES Nala sure is!!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Yay you got home all safe. LOL funny girl Nala.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*