Thread: Siamese

Siamese

Do any of you have an experience with Siamese? Do they usually have bad tempers? What should I do about him peeing all over the house?

Siamese do not have bad tempers. They may have a reputation for being grumpy but I suspect this is to do with their low, almost moaning, howl. I love them

I just love the siamese breed. I think they are absolutely beautiful. I actually took care of one when I was in college one summer. I found out that my friend's aunt was going to dump her on the side of the road because her boyfriend didn't like the cat. I said I DON'T THINK SO!!!! So, I took her in. She was what they call a "traditional apple head" siamese. In other words, she was round, and not streemlined like people have bred them to be. She was a very sweet cat, and I had every intention of keeping her. I even had my boyfriend (now husband) bring his cat to my apartment to see if the two would get along. I know that siamese *in general* can be very territorial and they bond with humans, usually a specific person in a family. This cat, Sam, had lived as an only pet for 7 years. It took her a few days to bond with me, and even then, I was the only one she would allow to hold her. She would hide when anyone else was around. She absolutely DID NOT want anything to do with my husband's cat. We tried and tried, but it got to the point that she literally scared the **** out of my husband's cat. He would be running and dropping poopies on the floor because he was so scared of her. It looked funny, but it wasn't at the time. I ended up adopting her to a lady with no other cats, and she did much better there. If she had been brought up with other animals, I'm sure it would have been fine. She was really sweet though!!! I still miss her, but I get updates so that's good:-) Unfortunately, it really impacted my husband's cat's behavior. So, that's why it took his cat and my cat about 6 months to become co-habitable. I posted about that in a different topic. But, everything is fine now and they get along great! It's a good think my cat tolerated Scooter's behavior during that adjustment time...