Thread: I'm so angry about this!

I'm so angry about this!

Recently my friend told me was moving out of town to live with his parents due to money issues. Of course the first thing I asked was if his cat Mya was going with him. He assured me that Mya would be moving as well. Yesterday I found out he took Mya to the pound! I don't understand why he would do this, especially since so many of his friends are cat lovers. Thankfully the second his old roommate found out, he went straight to the pound to bring Mya back home. The shelter was very nice about the situation and didn't charge him to adopt her but instead just charged a boarding fee. So thankfully Mya has a new owner who she has spent most of her life with already. Even though she ended up going back to her home, I'm still so upset that my friend would take her to the pound instead of asking us if we could take her.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Uabassoon,

Thank GOD your friend had a roommate who cared enough to go get Mya!!!

With all due respect to you, your friend is a JERK!!!

I'm glad that his roommate had enough sense to go get Mya, who didn't deserve to be dumped at the pound to begin with, and offer her a furrrever home!

Kudos to your friend's roommate!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So sorry Laura. I imagine you might be toying with the idea of calling up this "friend" and giving him a piece of your mind?? VERY frustrating to have him lie to you! I am glad people found out about it and that the roommate was able to get Mya in time! Don't some of those places only keep tha animals like 49 hours or so?? I can sure see why you are mad!!!

For once I am almost speechless, HOW ON EARTH COULD HE DO SUCH A THING. so glad there was a happy ending.
    I would find it a little hard to remain friends with this person if it were me though!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am with you on this one Carole! They would get a piece of my mind and then I would have to think long and hard about having such an uncareing "friend(?)" Thank God it turned out like it did!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Well right now I'm a little happy that he's in a different city, so I don't know his phone number to call him. If I did I'm sure I'd be saying some pretty nasty things.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Re: I'm so angry about this!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Yesterday I found out he took Mya to the pound! I don't understand why he would do this, especially since so many of his friends are cat lovers. ................... I'm still so upset that my friend would take her to the pound instead of asking us if we could take her.
    Yes, but he knows he is doing the wrong thing, so he would feel guilty about asking his friends to look after his cat and he sadly does not sound like he likes cats as much as we do

I have no idea how someone could do that? Everyone of us would have asked anybody we know before we even thought of a solution like that. I am happy that the story ends well for Mya however

It's really too bad your friend could do a thing like that!! I guess he knew how you would react and chose not to tell you, but he could have asked around!! I'm glad his roommate got the kitty back.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by moosmom

With all due respect to you, your friend is a JERK!!!
    Too right!!!!!!!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

That was so irresponsible , of that IDIOT , to put Maya , through all that. Why he didnt tell the truth , in the First Place is beyond me , but now he has damaged his reputation , and it serves him right!IDIOT , Liar And GOOOFFF!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Mya, how traumatizing and confusing is this???

Honestly, I cannot understand or tolerate your friend's decision! Even if there would have been some problems with his parents, he could at least have asked his friends if someone would adopt her!

I'm glad that his room mate was responsible enough and brought her back home, so she's at least in her familiar environment.

Kirsten

Yes three cheers for the room-mate, thank goodness they are a responsible, caring individual.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I don't know why people do this. I've seen it happen over and over again. I've told people to call me if a situation ever comes up and they can't have a cat anymore. I've told them that I'll take the cat and find it a new home. Don't take it to the pound. Yet, most times they do. I guess it's easier to abandon it to strangers and "hope for the best" than face your friends. I don't get it. They should be thinking of the cat's best interest. Not their own.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.