Thread: From the ASPCA Poison Control Center/Please read

From the ASPCA Poison Control Center/Please read

I had posted this article long time ago, but, since there are so many new members, I thought it's worthwhile posting it again.

From the ASPCA Poison Control Center/Please read

The ingestion of azaleas, oleander, sago palm, yew, day lilies and some other species of lilies can be fatal; they can also cause kidney failure in cats.
    Make sure that pets don't go on lawns treated with fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides until they have dried completely (I don't use any of those toxic things at all. Better to have some Japanese bettles than a poisoned dog)
    Baits found in mouse, snail, slug, ant and roach traps can contain sweet smelling inert ingredients, such as jelly, peanut butter or sugar that can attract your pets. Always place these poisonous products in areas that are inaccessible to your pets.
    Be alert to antifreeze/coolant leaking from your vehicle. Animals are attracted to the sweet taste and ingesting a small amount can cause death.Consider using animal-friendly products that have propylene glycol rather than those containing ethylene glycol.
    Keep mothballs, potpourri oils, coffee grounds, fabric softner sheets, dishwashing detergents, batteries, pennies and hand and foot warmers out of your pet's reach.

For a complete list of plants and plants parts that may be toxic to dogs visit:
    www.aspca.org
    www.hsus.org

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Thanks for posting this again.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits