Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siamese Rescue

Siamese Rescue

Doesn't someone on here do meezer rescue or know someone that does? I was browsing the Central PA Humane Society site and came across Xang. She is a 5 year old chocolate point that was given up by her owners. She looks terrified in the picture and my heart just breaks for her.

Here is the website

http://www.altoona.net/cphs/

Rosethecopycat fosters meezers, and I believe Moosmom has some sort of connections too. You might try and PM either of them. Poor Xang, she looks so beautiful, but scared out of her wits.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Denyce,

Call Meezers Pleasers Siamese Rescue. They're located in Shrewsbury, Pa. Their phone number is 717-235-3951. Good luck and please let me know how you make out!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I phoned them. Got an answering machine that said it wouldn't return my phone call if it was long distance. The message directed me to their website with Petfinders if I wished to adopt a cat or to leave a message if I was a shelter. I left one anyway. So that is where it stands now.

Denyce

Ok I found an email address for them and sent an email also.

There is a site called www.siameserescue.org - is that the same one as you tried?

It is all set.....Brian and I pick up Xang at the shelter tomorrow morning and meet the rep of Meezer Pleasers at 1:30 in the afternoon. YEA for Xang!!! We were going to pick up another Siamese cross named Magnus but he was adopted....YEA for Magnus!!!

Wish us luck and safe driving!

Denyce

I saw Xang's picture. I hope this sweet beautiful kitty can find the purrfect loving forever home where she will learn not to be afraid. Please let us know how your trip and the meeting with Meezer Pleasers go.
    Steffi and Lovable

It turns out that she was turned into the shelter because they got some new cats and the new ones were picking on Xang so even though they had her longer they gave her over to the shelter.

Denyce

Denyce,

Bless your hearts!!! That really pisses me off that the owners chose their new cats over her.

Have a safe trip!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Xang is gorgeous. I also liked Magnus too and I'm glad that he found a home. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Yesterday at Petsmart there were two blue point Siamese/Himalayan mixes named Thing One and Thing Two. If they hadn't had collars, they would have looked like clones! The boy may have been a tiny bit darker. This is in New York, though.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Sorry I'm late.

So happy for Xang. She did look terrified. Siamese do so poorly in shelters, and they've got that bad rap of 'being mean'

I do work with Siamese Rescue.

Thanks for helping that girl out!

You can tell by my signature that I'm a pushover for meezers. All mine are rescues, too. So glad you rescued Xang!

I didn't see Xang on that page .... but so glad you are helping her!!!